Alvarez Dove Guitar Model 5024

Advertisement
Posted by Michael Baker on Sat, 08/30/03 - 05:34:03.

Tis guitar was left to me by my father in law. Does anyone know a value on it? I am wondering if I need to get it insured. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Michael

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alvarez Dove Guitar Model 5024

Alvarez Dove Guitar  Model 5024

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Alvarez Dove Guitar Model 5024

: Tis guitar was left to me by my father in law. Does anyone know a value on it? I am wondering if I need to get it insured. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
: Michael

i have a 5024 model that i received as a Christmas present from my parents in 1977(they purchased two--one for my brother also) i love this guitar--nice feel, nice tone, good action and the look is beautiful have had many compliments on it over the years

Alvarez Dove Guitar Model 5024 (tuno-matic?)

Alvarez Dove Guitar  Model 5024 (tuno-matic?)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Alvarez Dove Guitar Model 5024 (tuno-matic?)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Alvarez Dove Guitar Model 5024

: Tis guitar was left to me by my father in law. Does anyone know a value on it? I am wondering if I need to get it insured. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I guess if you arn't insured propperly now you might wanrt to look into it with your insurance agent. It's a real nice guitar, I sold one in 89 and have regretted it ever since.

I owned a guitar like this. I bought it in 1973. It was one of the best guitars I've ever owned and regret selling it.
Originally, in 1973 dollars, it sold for aroung 275.00. A few bucks back then. Insure it if you want. IT IS IRREPLACEABLE.

I bought my Alvarez 5024 back in 1977 and paid
350 dollars for it back then.
There is one just like it on E-bay. The bid is
at $345 with four days left. The item # is
3729440595 with a lot of photos.

I would also like to know what the value is.
If anyone knows; please let me know.
Tks,
Don

: : Tis guitar was left to me by my father in law. Does anyone know a value on it? I am wondering if I need to get it insured. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
: : Michael

Michael,
I own this guitar. I purchased it in 1980 at a guitar shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I love the sound it produces. I joke with my children that "it was my baby before they were my babies" :) When I purchased it it was close to $500.00. I have since been offered quite a bit more for it than the price I paid. Due to the fact that this particular model could be considered a collector's item, It could be worth quite a bit to the right buyer. This guitar was my 18th birthday present from my parents. I started playing when I was 10 yrs. old. I keep it in a humidified case, and I've only had to have the action on it fixed once. It's a beautiful guitar and I get many compliments on it when I play. I hope you enjoy it.
Lorrie

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.