Re: Alvarez bicentennial model?

Advertisement
Posted by chris on Thu, 12/09/04 - 12:44:36.

Model Number 5039...thought that would be helpful

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I traded a newer Alvarez for this 5039 Alvarez. Mine is 6?? / 800, I forget. I cannot tell if the spruce top is solid or laminated. Has the adjustable bridge. Odd 70s vintage tuners with black finish. I have heard the 5039 described as a Martin D35 copy. It has the 3 piece back with contrasting wood in the center like a D35. The head stock looks like a Guild. It has a Washburn shaped pick guard. Fancy inlays in the fret board. Plays wonderfully. Sounds dreamy. Typical 70s Alvarez quality. Nice guit.

: I traded a newer Alvarez for this 5039 Alvarez. Mine is 6?? / 800, I forget. I cannot tell if the spruce top is solid or laminated. Has the adjustable bridge. Odd 70s vintage tuners with black finish. I have heard the 5039 described as a Martin D35 copy. It has the 3 piece back with contrasting wood in the center like a D35. The head stock looks like a Guild. It has a Washburn shaped pick guard. Fancy inlays in the fret board. Plays wonderfully. Sounds dreamy. Typical 70s Alvarez quality. Nice guit.
just saw 77 dove on ebay lawsuit thingy

about 3-4 years ago i saw them on ebay going for 600-800 bucks. my father in law has one that is number 9/800. His needs a little work but other than that it can still play and sound good.

Alvarez bicentennial model?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Alvarez bicentennial model?

: Model Number 5039...thought that would be helpful

I have one also 002\800 - model 5039
I bought it new in 1976 and have been playing it ever since. Wonderful sound - great to play. Have looked for others but I assume only 800 were made and I have #2. Will be happy to send photos
but would never sell.

Alvarez Bi-centennial guitar

I bought a Bi-centennial guitar new in 1976 and played it for several years
before it was stolen out of my car. I have often wanted to see pictures of one
again to remind me of how beautiful it was. I had always wanted a Martin D35 but
couldn't afford one. I now have the D35 but would love to at least see pic's of the
Alvarez. I remember a beautiful 3 piece back with gold tuning heads. A much prettier
instrument than my Martin. I occasionally check ebay to see if any are up for sale.
If I had one again, it would never leave my hands.

Pic's would be appreciated.

Thanks

I bought mine in 1975 and it is #112 out of 800. Yeah, these were a limited edition. But as to value,I have no idea. Alvarez is and has been a great brand, I have played many tunes on this guitar, and now my son is doing the same.
Keep the faith on your piece.

We have #521 in mint condition..how much are they going for these days? Thanks

: : Model Number 5039...thought that would be helpful

: I have one also 002\800 - model 5039
: I bought it new in 1976 and have been playing it ever since. Wonderful sound - great to play. Have looked for others but I assume only 800 were made and I have #2. Will be happy to send photos
: but would never sell.

I just found one number 104, in immaculate condition, not a mark on it. Is it worth $350.00?

Just found this thread

I was just doing some browsing and came across this old thread. I have the # 003/800 Bicentennial model. I bought it in 1976. It has a great tone but my action is high. I have a Martin 12-string and a Taylor nylon - so I don't play the Alvarez much anymore. I'll never trade it off - my first acoustic guitar. Any ideal what one of these are worth? Just curious - glad to see others have an appreciation of the the guitar too.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.