Re: Alvarez bicentennial model?

Advertisement
Posted by tim on Wed, 05/04/05 - 03:48:52.

: Ive never had any luck finding any info on this guitar. just wondering if anyone new anything about it. an acoustic guitar with an engraved plate on the back of the headstock reading : "Bicentennial Model, Limited Edition, 763/800"

: Any info would be great
I got one that has "76" and star inlay with white ivory binding on the fretboard and a herring bone like binding on the body. It looks like a copy of a Martin d35 "76" but with a split back instead of a 3 piece back. I would also like to get an idea of the worth...I've had it since the early 80's bought it at a pawn shop for $200. and have never seen another one like it. I think the model number is 5054

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Stolen Alvarez Bicentennial 5039 008/800

I had a robbery and my Alvarez Model 5039 Bicentennial Model 008 / 800 is missing.
REWARD for recovery.

Stolen Alvarez Bicentennial 5039 008/800

I had a robbery and my Alvarez Model 5039 Bicentennial Serial # 008/800 is missing.
REWARD for recovery.

just found this site

I just found this site while I was doing some browsing. I bought and still own an Alvarez bicentennial guitar from 1976. It is #3 of 800. I've played it all these years. The action is high but it has great tone. Any ideal what this guitar is worth? Thanks for any info.

Value of 76 bicentennial

One was listed on Ebay several months ago. It was in Mint Condition. The guy wanted $1,500. He kept
reducing the price until it went under $1,000. I don't know if it sold or not. If it got low enough I was going
to buy it. I had one which was stolen from my car in Philadelphia somewhere around 1978. I've always wanted
another one because it was so beautiful and had a sweet tone. Mine had a 3 piece back unlike the one referenced
in another post.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.