Re: Alvarez Dove Guitar Model 5024

Advertisement
Posted by Guitarzan (via moderator) on Mon, 02/27/06 - 23:54:52.

(Originally posted 09:45:21 2/18/06)

I bought an Alvarez Dove back in 1976. I had to part with due to needing money to help out finacially about two years later. I kicked myself for selling it for 25+ years. 3 years ago I ran into some extra cash and saw a Dove on Ebay. I put a maximum bid of $750 on it but won it for 275. It had a "ding" on it that recognized. As it turned out, after I got it, I ran the numbers back with the music store that I purchased mine from. Can you believe this? It came back as me being the original buyer when it was new! It was out of my hands for 27 years. I had to do some work on it. The tunematic bridge was m
issing parts. I bought a brass bridge off of Ebay and replaced the damaged one. It need a lot of cleaning and the neck had to be adjusted. I have recently replaced the bridge pins with brass abalone pins. I have taken it with me to several guitar shops and have yet to find any guitar that has the tone and sustain that my Dove has. I have vowed to never part with it again. I have a few other acoustic guitars including, Takamine, Fender and an older Taylor and my Dove is still my favorite. If anyone has an Alvarez Dove, I recomend that they hang onto it. Someday, these guitars will be worth far more than they sell for on Ebay. I was offered $950 for mine and didn't even give the offer a second thought when I said NO deal.
Keep your Dove and enjoy!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alvarez Dove Guitar Model 5024 (bridge?)

Hi, i also have a 5024 but i have a question. does any les paul tunematic bridge fit on this guitar? i read that you replaced yours. mine was missing when i bought the guitar for 50 bucks, just an empty space.
i hear these guitars sound great and i am anxious to get it going. any info you may have regarding this would be greatly appriciated. thanks!

Re: Alvarez Dove Guitar Model 5024

Does anyone know the scale length on a 5024 dove?

Thank you,
Peter

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.