Re: dorado guitar

Posted by kyle on Mon, 12/08/03 - 16:28:08.

: I have a old guitar Dorado model 027 Ser No #5967 Distributed by Gretsch Have any ideals what it is worth? Thanks for any information on this model.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

guitar of unknown make

i have a classical guitar it has no makers mark no serial number no identification what so ever (the inside was scoped) other then a paper label on the top of the back of the headstock that says " made in japan with pride of craftsmanship " could any of you possibly have a clue as to who might have made it. it sounds wonderful by the way.

Just bought an old Dorado classical guitar. The owner swears he bought it new 50 years ago. 1956 or 1958. Does anyone have info. on this instrument. The sound is amazing. Rosewood back and sides and cedar or spruce top.
Thanks, Rodger

: : I have a old guitar Dorado model 027 Ser No #5967 Distributed by Gretsch Have any ideals what it is worth? Thanks for any information on this model.

I also have a dorado bought it back in 73 I think for my wife and bought a martin d18 for myself. 30 plus years later the d18 is long gone but the dorado still leans against the wall. It has been my favorite guitar all these years. Beautiful tone easy to play, I'd gladly purchase another if I could find one.

I have a Dorado by Gretsch model # 5965 Made in Japan
I love the sound of it! I have three electrics, 1 Gibson high dollar, 1 Epiphone, 1 Memphis, what do I enjoy playing the most? The Dorado using a Radio Shack Mike for a pickup. I bought the Dorado 36 years ago, and the sound just keeps getting better.

: : : I have a old guitar Dorado model 027 Ser No #5967 Distributed by Gretsch Have any ideals what it is worth? Thanks for any information on this model.

: I also have a dorado bought it back in 73 I think for my wife and bought a martin d18 for myself. 30 plus years later the d18 is long gone but the dorado still leans against the wall. It has been my favorite guitar all these years. Beautiful tone easy to play, I'd gladly purchase another if I could find one.

If your looking for information on Dorado guitars I have a couple of Dorado catalogs posted on my website VintAxe.com. Steve

: : : : I have a old guitar Dorado model 027 Ser No #5967 Distributed by Gretsch Have any ideals what it is worth? Thanks for any information on this model.

: : I also have a dorado bought it back in 73 I think for my wife and bought a martin d18 for myself. 30 plus years later the d18 is long gone but the dorado still leans against the wall. It has been my favorite guitar all these years. Beautiful tone easy to play, I'd gladly purchase another if I could find one.

I picked one up in a shop in minneapolis for 150 two years ago i am also very atatched to it and would love to locate another.

: If your looking for information on Dorado guitars I have a couple of Dorado catalogs posted on my website VintAxe.com. Steve

: : : I have a old guitar Dorado model 027 Ser No #5967 Distributed by Gretsch Have any ideals what it is worth? Thanks for any information on this model.

: I also have a dorado bought it back in 73 I think for my wife and bought a martin d18 for myself. 30 plus years later the d18 is long gone but the dorado still leans against the wall. It has been my favorite guitar all these years. Beautiful tone easy to play, I'd gladly purchase another if I could find one.

Guys, I have a gretsch dorado model 5990 posted on ebay for a starting price of 9.99. You can search by seller, holly369. It should be up at 8;00 pm central time.

: : : I have a old guitar Dorado model 027 Ser No #5967 by Gretsch Have any ideals what it is worth? Thanks for any information on this model.

i just purchased a Dorado model #6027 ,this great sounding
classical guitar must have been made in the 60's ,it has
mahog back and sides with a cedar top and plays perfect.
i collect classical guitars and this $24.99 from ebay is
by far the sweetest sounding i have out of about 13 guitars
i love it and will not part with it!!

Dorado 6027

I have a dorado 6027 made in Japan
Don't know how original it may be
I can sen pics
You can tell me
Left to me by my grand father
Is like 50 years old

Please reply

I have a DORADO classical guitar model: 6027, serial: 1096. In the back of the headstock it has a label that says: "MADE IN JAPAN WITH PRIDE OF CRAFTSMANSHIP"
It has a great sound, not sure of the manufacturing date nor value of this gutar.

I just realized that my mom's old guitar was a Gretsch Dorado, model # 5966. I have no clue what it's worth or how old it is, though I know it had some previous owners...any info would be great.

: I just realized that my mom's old guitar was a Gretsch Dorado, model # 5966. I have no clue what it's worth or how old it is, though I know it had some previous owners...any info would be great.

Interesting, the 5966 is the serial #. The model is above and in far fainter printing.

My Son-in-law's dad has #5967.

Talk about coincidence, My Gretsch Dorado is model # 5965!!!!!!!

I've had it for over 50 years, I bought it from a pawn shop in Topeka, Kansas for $75.00. The bridge was loose on it and I epoxy'ed it back on, tuned it up and have played on talent contests, on television, and countless hours for the grand kids. The sound couldn't be any sweeter, it frets easier that any guitar I've ever played! I LOVE it! NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE!

Talk about coincidence, My Gretsch Dorado is model # 5965!!!!!!!

I've had it for over 50 years, I bought it from a pawn shop in Topeka, Kansas for $75.00. The bridge was loose on it and I epoxy'ed it back on, tuned it up and have played on talent contests, on television, and countless hours for the grand kids. The sound couldn't be any sweeter, it frets easier that any guitar I've ever played! I LOVE it! NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE!

I just bought a Dorado for 5$ at a garage sale also looking for information and the value of these guitars. I agree the guitar sounds very good.

I own a Dorado 5985,and a5988 and I think their killer.If any body out there has a Dorado for sale,don't hesitate to email me.I'm looking to buy a few more!!!!!!!

I didn't add an email address. oops. Alsotool@yahoo.com

: I own a Dorado 5985,and a5988 and I think their killer.If any body out there has a Dorado for sale,don't hesitate to email me.I'm looking to buy a few more!!!!!!!

Still looking for one? I am selling a 5985. Here is a craigslist posting. If you want it I am in Michigan. I can ship it though. Thanks
Lawrence

: I own a dorado 5966 and ts is in very mint condition with the original case!! it is beautiful and for sale!!!
please make me an offer.

: : I own a dorado 5966 and ts is in very mint condition with the original case!! it is beautiful and for sale!!!
: please make me an offer.

: : : I own a dorado 5966 and ts is in very mint condition with the original case!! it is beautiful and for sale!!!
: : please make me an offer.

I may be interested in it for my son if you still have it

: : I own a dorado 5966 and ts is in very mint condition with the original case!! it is beautiful and for sale!!!
: please make me an offer.
if you still have the 5966, i am interested.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.