Gretsch model 40 Hawaiian guitar

Posted by Darrell Deal on Sun, 08/17/03 - 06:17:56.
In Reply to The Gretsch Pages

I have inherited a gretsch Hawaiian guitar that needs a total restoration. I believe it is circa 1939-1944-45. It needs bridge work, and all hardware as well as refinishing. I would like a photo of this type of guitar or better yet another Hawaiian guitar to look at for reference. I would like to pass this on to my son this Christmas so if you can help please e-mail me ASAP. Thanks!

Darrell Deal

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Gretsch model 40 Hawaiian guitar

Hi Darrell i bought one yesterday from gruhn guitars, there is still a good picture on his website of it under as-is in the inventory it says hager artist model Gretsch Hawaiian model 40. hope this is helpful Paul North
:
: Darrell Deal

Re: Gretsch model 40 Hawaiian guitar

: I have inherited a gretsch Hawaiian guitar that needs a total restoration. I believe it is circa 1939-1944-45. It needs bridge work, and all hardware as well as refinishing. I would like a photo of this type of guitar or better yet another Hawaiian guitar to look at for reference. I would like to pass this on to my son this Christmas so if you can help please e-mail me ASAP. Thanks!

:
: Darrell Deal
Go to the public library and get "Accoustic Guitars and Other Fretted Instruments" by Gruhn and Carter. It has one picture in it with a brief description of the "40". also look for "Vintage Guitar Guide" also by Gruhn and Carter, it has a brief description but no picture. I know for sure there have been two "40"s on eBay in the last two weeks, you could look them up using the "completed item" search. Good luck. Brett

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.