1977 Ibanez 2470 L-5 copy FOR SALE ~WOW~

Posted by Kirk Edwards on Tue, 04/22/08 - 02:26:38.

This is an awesome, super rare guitar. Ibanez model 2470 SOLID CARVED TOP L5 copy from 1977 with Tamura signed label, Super 70 pickups, and original case. Let me start with the sound.....well......I would put this up against any L5ces! It is fat and warm, and really nails that Wes tone. You just know…when you play even the single notes – It exudes that vintage ambiance or ‘atmosphere’. You almost expect to hear Tony Bennett or Diana Krall start in.
This model is not to be confused with the laminated 2460 or 2461. The playability is great, with low action, super straight neck, and perfect frets. The Ebony fingerboard is in great shape and has real MOP inlays. The wood on the solid top is beautifully grained Spruce with lots of rays. The finish has an intense patina (yellowing) and amber coloring especially to the binding.
This gem has a nice dishing (arch) that looks different than the laminated guitars.The back is a really gorgeous hard maple with very unique flame and figure. The level of craftsmanship is very high. You can tell these guys were loving their job. There was a finish crack repaired by the waist on the top.It was sealed and laquered. It did NOT go through the wood! It is totally stable and should not cause any further attention. It is a pro repair. Some wear on gold hardware, but in nice shape for 31 years old.Tuners upgraded {no extra holes} to Gibson/tulip-grovers. Originals also included.I cant say enough about what a great instrument this is! I planned to sell this months ago but just couldn’t get up the heart to part with it. They are getting very hard to find, and are quite a bargain considering that they are every bit as good as a Gib. Definitely a pro level guitar. The CASE has a split seam and requires some attention. It’s a nice case though with arched top and bottom sides.
Selling to get outta hock. Feel free to ask all questions. Phone number available for serious buyers.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1977 Ibanez 2470 L-5 copy FOR SALE ~WOW~

Do you still have the 2470 for sale? I would be interested ricardo.rosa@gmx.net

Is this available? IF so,do you have a price and somepictures ?

: This is an awesome, super rare guitar. Ibanez model 2470 SOLID CARVED TOP L5 copy from 1977 with Tamura signed label, Super 70 pickups, and original case. Let me start with the sound.....well......I would put this up against any L5ces! It is fat and warm, and really nails that Wes tone. You just know…when you play even the single notes – It exudes that vintage ambiance or ‘atmosphere’. You almost expect to hear Tony Bennett or Diana Krall start in.
: This model is not to be confused with the laminated 2460 or 2461. The playability is great, with low action, super straight neck, and perfect frets. The Ebony fingerboard is in great shape and has real MOP inlays. The wood on the solid top is beautifully grained Spruce with lots of rays. The finish has an intense patina (yellowing) and amber coloring especially to the binding.
: This gem has a nice dishing (arch) that looks different than the laminated guitars.The back is a really gorgeous hard maple with very unique flame and figure. The level of craftsmanship is very high. You can tell these guys were loving their job. There was a finish crack repaired by the waist on the top.It was sealed and laquered. It did NOT go through the wood! It is totally stable and should not cause any further attention. It is a pro repair. Some wear on gold hardware, but in nice shape for 31 years old.Tuners upgraded no extra holes to Gibson/tulip-grovers. Originals also included.I cant say enough about what a great instrument this is! I planned to sell this months ago but just couldn’t get up the heart to part with it. They are getting very hard to find, and are quite a bargain considering that they are every bit as good as a Gib. Definitely a pro level guitar. The CASE has a split seam and requires some attention. It’s a nice case though with arched top and bottom sides.
: Selling to get outta hock. Feel free to ask all questions. Phone number available for serious buyers.

do you still have the 2470 for sale?

: Is this available? IF so,do you have a price and somepictures ?

: : This is an awesome, super rare guitar. Ibanez model 2470 SOLID CARVED TOP L5 copy from 1977 with Tamura signed label, Super 70 pickups, and original case. Let me start with the sound.....well......I would put this up against any L5ces! It is fat and warm, and really nails that Wes tone. You just know…when you play even the single notes – It exudes that vintage ambiance or ‘atmosphere’. You almost expect to hear Tony Bennett or Diana Krall start in.
: : This model is not to be confused with the laminated 2460 or 2461. The playability is great, with low action, super straight neck, and perfect frets. The Ebony fingerboard is in great shape and has real MOP inlays. The wood on the solid top is beautifully grained Spruce with lots of rays. The finish has an intense patina (yellowing) and amber coloring especially to the binding.
: : This gem has a nice dishing (arch) that looks different than the laminated guitars.The back is a really gorgeous hard maple with very unique flame and figure. The level of craftsmanship is very high. You can tell these guys were loving their job. There was a finish crack repaired by the waist on the top.It was sealed and laquered. It did NOT go through the wood! It is totally stable and should not cause any further attention. It is a pro repair. Some wear on gold hardware, but in nice shape for 31 years old.Tuners upgraded {no extra holes} to Gibson/tulip-grovers. Originals also included.I cant say enough about what a great instrument this is! I planned to sell this months ago but just couldn’t get up the heart to part with it. They are getting very hard to find, and are quite a bargain considering that they are every bit as good as a Gib. Definitely a pro level guitar. The CASE has a split seam and requires some attention. It’s a nice case though with arched top and bottom sides.
: : Selling to get outta hock. Feel free to ask all questions. Phone number available for serious buyers.

still there??

Re: 1977 Ibanez 2470 Go to Craigslist for pics here.....

Pictures can be seen on craigslist here:
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/msg/651499945.html

Re: 1977 Ibanez 2470 Or go to Ibanez collectors world classifieds for pics here.....

: Pictures can be seen at Ibanez collectors world classifieds here:
http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/forum/index.php?topic=12215.0

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.