info Ibanez LS300

Posted by Jan Voortman on Sun, 10/07/01 - 14:38:12.

I've got an Ibanez LS300 with seriesnumber 85101239T. It has a black/green/aqua-colored body. I'm looking for info about my guitar, like year of production, used materials and eventually original prices.

Thanks,

Jan

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: info Ibanez LS300

I have a black Ibanez LS300BK I bought 25 years ago, in PA.
I think it was about $ 200.00.
I'm trying to find out how much it is worth today.

Re: info Ibanez Lonestar LS300

I too have a Lonestar Ibanez LS300 acoustic guitar, which going by the serial number was made in May 1986. I bought it in Australia a little after that for around $600, but I wouldn't sell it for three times that price today. It's such an amazing guitar because of the slimline neck.

I had played only electric guitars until I got this one, and the salesman in the music store told me Ibanez made the neck mainly with electric players in mind. It has an electric guitar feel and I loved it the second I tried it in the store. An advanced guitar student who saw me testing it asked if he could try it, and he said it had a superb feel and wanted to buy one himself.

Because the strings are closer together than on other acoustics, you can form chords faster and play licks cleaner and faster.

Does anyone know whether there are any modern guitars with this type of neck? It would be great if Ibanez re-released the LS300, but failing that what other acoustics have this amazingly easy-to-play neck? Anyone know?

HELLO WAS JUST WONDERING ON THE VALUE OF MY LS300 AS IT IS IN NEAR NEW CONDITION EVEN AFTER 20 YEARS!! MOTHERS AND THEIR SHORT LIVED FADS. WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED IF THIS COULD GET VALUED FOR ME =) any information at all would be very helpful.

: I have a lonestar ls405wn
: I too have a Lonestar Ibanez LS300 acoustic guitar, which going by the serial number was made in May 1986. I bought it in Australia a little after that for around $600, but I wouldn't sell it for three times that price today. It's such an amazing guitar because of the slimline neck.

: I had played only electric guitars until I got this one, and the salesman in the music store told me Ibanez made the neck mainly with electric players in mind. It has an electric guitar feel and I loved it the second I tried it in the store. An advanced guitar student who saw me testing it asked if he could try it, and he said it had a superb feel and wanted to buy one himself.

: Because the strings are closer together than on other acoustics, you can form chords faster and play licks cleaner and faster.

: Does anyone know whether there are any modern guitars with this type of neck? It would be great if Ibanez re-released the LS300, but failing that what other acoustics have this amazingly easy-to-play neck? Anyone know?

Re: info Ibanez LS300 -- it's priceless

I don't know about the BK model; maybe that was a slightly cheaper version of the LS300. The acoustic LS300 I had cost about $500 in 1986. It's my all-time favorite acoustic guitar, and I would love Ibanez to re-release this guitar from the Lonestar series so I could get another one. Some connoisseurs who played them in the 1980s and don't have them any longer may pay $1500 or more these days for one.
The reason is not the fantastic spruce and rosewood used, or the neat-looking black six-strings-on-one-side tophead, but the well-proportioned thin neck. The genius who came up with the idea of using the dimensions of an electric guitar neck on an acoustic should have got the world's top guitar award. It was brilliant!
I played acoustic rock in the 1980s, then graduated to jazz chords -- which sometimes means you have to get to awkward fingerings fast. The Ibanez Lonestar LS300 is the only acoustic guitar I know that allows non-experts to get to these awkward chord positions fast and accurately.
Hey Ibanez -- how about re-releasing the Lonestar series?
This was like the Rolls-Royce of guitars at an affordable price because of the brilliant design. These days it would be more popular than ever.
-- Abel

Ibanez Lonestar 300 TK - for sale

Hi! My name is José and i´m from Portugal.
i have a Ibanez LS 300 TK for sale, it´s in very good conditions and i will include a hardcase.
It was made in Japan, and the serial number is 86041491 T.

If someone is interested please send me a email so i can send some pictures.
Best regards

IBANEZ LS300TK

Hi José,
I write from Germany Cologne.
I have teh same IBANEZ in Black. Can you tell me something about the Price for it.
My ha the Serial No. 86030493T.
many regards
Bird

ibanez lonestar ls300

ibanez lonestar ls300 lonestar series guitar for sale. The serial number starts with 84 and ends with an H. It was my grandfathers guitar and has been passed down n to me about a year ago. Serious inquires only please. I have the case too plus extra set of strings its the same as i recieved it. I have pictures. Email me at tiger40m@gmail.com
Thanks
Tom

ibanez ls 300

i do have one and i'd like to sell it :D
for more info mehdi.maouche@outlook.fr ... fb : mehdi mccartney ;)

Re: info Ibanez LS300 -- it's priceless

: I don't know about the BK model; maybe that was a slightly cheaper version of the LS300. The acoustic LS300 I had cost about $500 in 1986. It's my all-time favorite acoustic guitar, and I would love Ibanez to re-release this guitar from the Lonestar series so I could get another one. Some connoisseurs who played them in the 1980s and don't have them any longer may pay $1500 or more these days for one.
: The reason is not the fantastic spruce and rosewood used, or the neat-looking black six-strings-on-one-side tophead, but the well-proportioned thin neck. The genius who came up with the idea of using the dimensions of an electric guitar neck on an acoustic should have got the world's top guitar award. It was brilliant!
: I played acoustic rock in the 1980s, then graduated to jazz chords -- which sometimes means you have to get to awkward fingerings fast. The Ibanez Lonestar LS300 is the only acoustic guitar I know that allows non-experts to get to these awkward chord positions fast and accurately.
: Hey Ibanez -- how about re-releasing the Lonestar series?
: This was like the Rolls-Royce of guitars at an affordable price because of the brilliant design. These days it would be more popular than ever.
: -- Abel

ibanez ls-300 s/n.(84etc)

hello there
i have in my collection a 1984-5 ibanez black LS-300..
it has a couple of blemishes (minute) on the face and apart from that, like new.i also have a few name guitars of varying vintage and styles which it more than stands its ground with in all parameters.
these guitars are solid-and record beautifully in most mediums.
i am scaling down my collection some-what and i am looking for some-one who would be interested in purchasing this instrument for the right reasons and not just to have another guitar on the wall.
any ; that said if there is any-one out there interested in this exceptional instrument - get in touch and we can discuss it. i have had this guitar a long time now and it really does need to go to some-one who can use it get max enjoyment out of one of these unique instruments.
-------greg

Ibanez LS300

Don't suppose you know of anyone who still has one do you? :-)

i do have one too ... and

i do have one too ... and i'de like to sell it :D
for more info : mehdi.maouche@outlook.fr

Ibanez Ls300 guitar

I have one of these in amazing condition would really like to sell it. For more information please email at kbm613@live .com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.