UPF3 model Ibanez Performance Acoustic

Posted by Jessyka on Sun, 11/17/02 - 20:30:05.

I have a UPF3 model Ibanez Performance acoustic guitar. I can't find any info on this particular model. Can anyone tell me what year this series was made in and any other info?
thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: UPF3 model Ibanez Performance Acoustic

: I have a UPF3 model Ibanez Performance acoustic guitar. I can't find any info on this particular model. Can anyone tell me what year this series was made in and any other info?
: thanks

I have a UPF-3 and the serial number indicates that it was made in 1995. Don't know the significance of the U prefix. All the other performance series that I can find the Model # starts with a P. Mine is almost mint and I would like to sell it but would like to know what the U means before I part with it.
Dick

Re: UPF3 model Ibanez Performance Acoustic

I found the description of the PF3 Ibanez and it appears to be the same guitar, however I believe the U refers to a special series of the PF3, the question still remains,"What was special about it?" I too have a UPF3 and have not had the occaision to see a PF3. I am not sure how much commitment I have to this discovery and may just sell the thing on ebay. I put a new nut in the guitar and spread the strings out a little more and I lowered the bridge. It plays really nice. If I were keeping it I would upgrade the gears and put Grovers on it. The wood is good the construction not bad all in all a pretty good $100 guitar.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.