Martin Co. Sigma guitar DM-3

Posted by Ed Evans on Tue, 03/11/03 - 22:23:35.
In Reply to Dan's Guitar Page

What is the value of the Sigma guitar DM-3 that is made by the Martin Co.? Is it considered to be a good beginners guitar?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1978 DM-3 Sigma Guitar by CF Martin

Bought mine In 1979, San Diego, Ca. Played it Till 2008. 28 Years . passed it down to my nephew who is still playing it the sound is not compairable to other guitars I'v, Played they only get sweeter With time, now I'm looking for another one I miss mine, can't fine an box that has that beautiful sound found in my seasoned Sigma DM-3

Re: Martin Co. Sigma guitar DM-2

: What is the value of the Sigma guitar DM-2 it could have a faded 3 so it actually could be a DM 23 I do bleive it is made by Martin Co - what is the value of one??

Re: Martin Co. Sigma guitar DM-3

: What is the value of the Sigma guitar DM-3 that is made by the Martin Co.? Is it considered to be a good beginners guitar? whatis the price of such guitar

: : What is the value of the Sigma guitar DM-3 that is made by the Martin Co.? Is it considered to be a good beginners guitar? whatis the price of such guitar.

I have had a Sigma DM-3 for 26 years now.
I have never done anything more than replace the nut. It was cracked when dropped.
I love the sound and it has always played nice.
It was my first steel string acoustic guitar and has become an old friend over the years.
I've had 9 guitars over the past 28 years and I always seem to go back to that one.
As for the value in dollars, I couldn't say. I think their between $150.00 and $250.00 but, I've never even thought about selling mine.
I guess it's worth what you'd take for it.

I have a DM3Y that was valued at $250.00
The unfortunate thing is that Sigma guitars are not really considered collectables like the Martins are. But it is a great sounding and playing guitar and I recently replaced the bridge to keep it playable for more years.

: : What is the value of the Sigma guitar DM-3 that is made by the Martin Co.? Is it considered to be a good beginners guitar? whatis the price of such guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.