Re: Sigma Guitar dm-3: IMPORTANT PLZ READ

Posted by mike on Sat, 04/24/04 - 01:47:51.

: I also have a DM-3 and have had very little luck finding out about it. Are they that rare!!! Let me know if you have discovered anything interesting. JG

: by the way... my bridge has cracked as well. Still very playable.
Hi, replacing a bridge is a fairly routine item for a luthier. Bridges are frequently offered on ebay but it needs to be the right height. Martin actually sells guitar parts and build it yourself guitar kits so you really should have not trouble. A bridge should cost around $20-30, and do spend the extra for a good bone or tusk saddle

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

DR 3

I have a Dr 3 Sigma s/n 127008. The label is stamped on the center back brace and says Sigma guitar by Martin. I am sure that the back and sides are laminate wood, but not sure about the top. I would guess that the top is also. This dr 3 is built well and plays nicely. The sound is incredible for such an inexpensive guitar. The sound is sweet and loud. And, I cannot believe the harmonics! I am very impressed with this guitar and won't ever let it go! Another great Martin product!

Sigma guitar, by martin co. DM3

I would like to find out if my guitar is worth anything, someone told me it is old and may be worth a lot of money, I can not find one that looks like it the design is very unusual

Contact Larry Zager @ Zagerguitar.com, He buys the Sigmas and has his guitars built like the sigmas. I think he told me that the Sigmas are built in Indonesia. Same quality materials juts cheaper labor. Zager then custom works his guitars with lower brigde and nut board for faster playing lower and wider string placement without buzz. Great value.
: : I also have a DM-3 and have had very little luck finding out about it. Are they that rare!!! Let me know if you have discovered anything interesting. JG

: : by the way... my bridge has cracked as well. Still very playable.
: Hi, replacing a bridge is a fairly routine item for a luthier. Bridges are frequently offered on ebay but it needs to be the right height. Martin actually sells guitar parts and build it yourself guitar kits so you really should have not trouble. A bridge should cost around $20-30, and do spend the extra for a good bone or tusk saddle

: : I also have a DM-3 and have had very little luck finding out about it. Are they that rare!!! Let me know if you have discovered anything interesting. JG

: : by the way... my bridge has cracked as well. Still very playable.
: Hi, replacing a bridge is a fairly routine item for a luthier. Bridges are frequently offered on ebay but it needs to be the right height. Martin actually sells guitar parts and build it yourself guitar kits so you really should have not trouble. A bridge should cost around $20-30, and do spend the extra for a good bone or tusk saddle

I love my DM3! I think I bought it for $275 about 10 years ago. It may not have the really clear, deep sound of a Martin but it's very warm and very playable. I use it to record and it's definitely my best songwriting buddy.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.