Sigma GCS-4

Posted by Robin Dransfield on Tue, 02/08/05 - 10:24:07.
In Reply to Dan's Guitar Page

Hi Guys......Have been offered a 1979 Sigma Marquis Grand Concert GCS-4. Does anyone know if these had a solid wood top or was it laminate ? Any other spec or info would be useful too....Thanks....Robin

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Sigma GCS-4

As the last number goes up (ie GCS-4 vs. GCS-5), so too goes the quality of the guitar. I'm thinking a 70's 4 is a solid top. look closely at the sound hole, If you're as old as I am, you may want to use a magnifying glass. Look at the wood grain. It's really simple to distinquish between plywood and solid stock.

: Hi Guys......Have been offered a 1979 Sigma Marquis Grand Concert GCS-4. Does anyone know if these had a solid wood top or was it laminate ? Any other spec or info would be useful too....Thanks....Robin

I bought a GCS4 brand new from Windows in Newcastle upon Tyne. It cost £118 then. It has become my favorite accoustic.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.