Framus

Posted by N.Scholberg on Wed, 05/02/01 - 10:27:44.

I've got a Framus gitar but just don't know anything about it. Unfortunately the paperlabel inside of the gitar is gone ! So i only have a number carved in the wood: 22937-f58. Is there somebody who has more information for me ? Like: Build in 19... ? Type of the gitar
New price hAS BEEN ??? and now the price could be ? History about the gitar ? Did anybody famous played on this type of gitar ?

Thanks for reacting.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Framus

: I've got a Framus gitar but just don't know anything about it. Unfortunately the paperlabel inside of the gitar is gone ! So i only have a number carved in the wood: 22937-f58. Is there somebody who has more information for me ? Like: Build in 19... ? Type of the gitar
: New price hAS BEEN ??? and now the price could be ? History about the gitar ? Did anybody famous played on this type of gitar ?

: Thanks for reacting.

Check out:
http://mrs.umn.edu/~nielsenc/framus/framus.html

Framus has been around for many years. They were made in Germany and although they (the accoustic) may look somewhat cheap, they are very well made and unless someone has screwed abound with the bridge play fairly well. Many have arched backs and sound very nice. Although they now have a web site www.framus.com only electrics appear there. I am still looking as well for the value of mine, so good hunting.

: Framus has been around for many years. They were made in Germany and although they (the accoustic) may look somewhat cheap, they are very well made and unless someone has screwed abound with the bridge play fairly well. Many have arched backs and sound very nice. Although they now have a web site www.framus.com only electrics appear there. I am still looking as well for the value of mine, so good hunting.

Look here http://www.framus.de/modules/frameset/frameset.php?lang=en

: Framus has been around for many years. They were made in Germany and although they (the accoustic) may look somewhat cheap, they are very well made and unless someone has screwed abound with the bridge play fairly well. Many have arched backs and sound very nice. Although they now have a web site www.framus.com only electrics appear there. I am still looking as well for the value of mine, so good hunting.

Look here

: I've got a Framus gitar but just don't know anything about it. Unfortunately the paperlabel inside of the gitar is gone ! So i only have a number carved in the wood: 22937-f58. Is there somebody who has more information for me ? Like: Build in 19... ? Type of the gitar
: New price hAS BEEN ??? and now the price could be ? History about the gitar ? Did anybody famous played on this type of gitar ?

: Thanks for reacting.

The Framus is new to me also.
However, I have a Framus solid body double pick-up. The numbers are 30924 68F. I made a Trade for the guitar in 1975. The man told me it was a 1968 guitar. Thats all I know. The neck is very true, and is made from 50 laminated pieces of wood. Also the guitar is signed by Leon Russel.
Have you tried Germany ? later...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.