Re: EKO guitars

Posted by Gary Coon on Fri, 01/02/09 - 00:29:25.

In case you still have EKO questions and the same email address...

I have a J56/1 12 String (SN: 326432) that I have been banging around since when I bought it new at the House of Guitars in Rochester, NY. I paid $129 for it on Dec 6, 1967, less a $40 trade-in for my old Tele Star 6 string electric.

I carried it around New England and Canada in the early 1970's. The guitar case handle fell apart while I was hitching in the rain on the east coast. It suffered some damage, but nothing critical. Before that I tuned it too tight and had a small bridge problem (I should have had a capo). Through all that and moving to Texas and then California it has survived OK (as has my equally old home made tube amp).

The guitar still sounds great through an amp or unplugged - and loud! And to top it all off I finally figured out how to play "Walk Right In" last week, which is probably the main reason I bought it.

You can hear it at http://mysite.verizon.net/resvxcbd/demotoons.html

- Gary Coon
Westlake Village, CA
CoonToonStudios@yahoo.com

: :I HAVE A 1967 MODEL 995 VIOLIN BASS I AM SELLING FOR 400.00.WRITE ME. I recently have bought an EKO J 56-1 12 string Electric-Acoustic and wish to find out more about it.
: : If anyone knows anything about it or EKO guitars in general I would
: : greatly appreciate any information. thanks.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.