FRAMUS "ROLYFORD" 1940-50's - AS NEW

Posted by Doug Duncan on Tue, 10/02/01 - 22:29:36.

I have a hand made acoustic Framus "Rolyford" made in the 1940-50's which is practically as new (or it could be a Hofner), does anyone know anything about this model?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: FRAMUS "ROLYFORD" 1940-50's - AS NEW

: I have a hand made acoustic Framus "Rolyford" made in the 1940-50's which is practically as new (or it could be a Hofner), does anyone know anything about this model?
I bought a Rolyford guitar in September 1960 from Websters Music in Wakefield Yorkshire UK. It was a blond cello style guitar with one cutaway and was non electric. I fitted a D'Armond pick up. I part exchamged it a year later at Scheeres in Leeds for a Hofner Verithin. Hope this is of interest to you.

Re ROLYFORD

I have a rolyford rose wood round back chelloIvory edging,which was my late fathers. Did they make many of them.Can you tell give me any more information.

Melville Sweet

Re: FRAMUS 'ROLYFORD' 1940-50's - AS NEW

: : I have a hand made acoustic Framus "Rolyford" made in the 1940-50's which is practically as new (or it could be a Hofner), does anyone know anything about this model?
: I bought a Rolyford guitar in September 1960 from Websters Music in Wakefield Yorkshire UK. It was a blond cello style guitar with one cutaway and was non electric. I fitted a D'Armond pick up. I part exchamged it a year later at Scheeres in Leeds for a Hofner Verithin. Hope this is of interest to you.

Re: FRAMUS 'ROLYFORD' 1940-50's - AS NEW

I currenly own a Rolyford acoustic guitar.I would appreciate any info on this make of guitar.: : : I have a hand made acoustic Framus "Rolyford" made in the 1940-50's which is practically as new (or it could be a Hofner), does anyone know anything about this model?
: : I bought a Rolyford guitar in September 1960 from Websters Music in Wakefield Yorkshire UK. It was a blond cello style guitar with one cutaway and was non electric. I fitted a D'Armond pick up. I part exchamged it a year later at Scheeres in Leeds for a Hofner Verithin. Hope this is of interest to you.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.