Astro Meistergitarre

Posted by Sam Murray on Mon, 11/12/01 - 06:08:27.

Any info on this cheaply made but playable vintage semi acoustic. This one is black with white trim. Looks as if the pick up was added later. Was it made by vox? what's it worth? Looks like an early 60's style.. i'm baffled

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Astro Meistergitarre

: Any info on this cheaply made but playable vintage semi acoustic. This one is black with white trim. Looks as if the pick up was added later. Was it made by vox? what's it worth? Looks like an early 60's style.. i'm baffled

German, dude, German. They made some perfectly good archtops similar to the Hofners, Hoyers, Kliras and Framii of the day. - Nate

I am the owner of a semi-acoustic guitar, sunburst, two pick-ups. The only name on the whole thing is "Astro Trade Marke" with no othere references. It is probably a 60's guitar. I cannot find any information on Astro, other than the Gretsch bass and a Vox Astro guitar.

"Astro" means Anton Strohmer , who was an Master-Violin maker. His house still stands in Nürnberg / Germany.
His sons Max and Hans still build exquisit Classic Guitars and Violins. In the 60´s he made a lot of semi-acoustic and not so many Solid-body guitars. The Quality is normally- much better than Framus or Hofner Guitars.
Also, he made every Instrument by hand - thre are a few guitars, which were not so good. If your Guitar is signed "Meistergitarre" it is made by the Master himself and it is securely a Top-Instrument.
I play an ASTRO Solidbody since 30 Years and I never had a better guitar since, also I own a few Fenders and Gibsons, too.

astro meistergitarre

I've been offered one of these in a trade (in great shape by the looks of it) for a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite. I'm having a really difficult time finding information on these guitars online. Do you guys have any idea what the value of one of these, made in 1963 coupled with a hofner type 1505 (from 1956) pickup might be?

(very sorry for reviving this long dead thread)

Astro Meistergitarre

I recently was given an Astro Meistergitarre acoustic guitar from my uncle who was given the guitar from my granfather many years ago. Although we arn't sure of the exact date of it's purchase my grandfather was stationed in Germany in the late fifties until 61 when he purchased the guitar new. It's in pretty bad shape (the pickguard is missing, the bridge is stripped and the head stock is missing the plastic piece). However, the paint is in ok shape and I can tell by moving up and down the neck that this is a truely well made guitar. I am very interested in resoring it but am having a lot of trouble finding plastic pieces. I am also having trouble finding any history on this guitar and any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Please email ryanspannare@yahoo.com. Thanks, Ryan

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.