Stradavox

Posted by Brian on Fri, 01/11/02 - 00:42:48.

Hello, I have an Italian made guitar called a Stradavox. I can't seem to find any info on this guitar or the company at all. If you know anything about it please email me. Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Stradavox

: Hello, I have an Italian made guitar called a Stradavox. I can't seem to find any info on this guitar or the company at all. If you know anything about it please email me. Thanks

hi my name is russ i to have a stradavox i am trying to find the value of it. i only paid 75.00 for it.
so if i find anything about it i'll let you no.
by the way that was my guitar that ray gierke was describing
we play in the same band. thanks russ

Hi, I used to own a Stradavox archtop back in the early 80's...probably one of the nicest guitars I've ever played. I bought it for $150 back then. I don't know what they are actually worth. But, I have seen one listed online for $600. I doubt it fetches that much...but I can't seem to find any comparables out there...LOL I'd like to get mine back...traded it for a bass amp in the mid 80's....bad move...but had no money back then...(sigh)

: : Hello, I have an Italian made guitar called a Stradavox. I can't seem to find any info on this guitar or the company at all. If you know anything about it please email me. Thanks

: hi my name is russ i to have a stradavox i am trying to find the value of it. i only paid 75.00 for it.
: so if i find anything about it i'll let you no.
: by the way that was my guitar that ray gierke was describing
: we play in the same band. thanks russ

HELLO BRIAN. I PURCHASED MY STRADAVOX IN 1965 FROM ACHICAGO MUSIC STORE CALLED BIASCOS. IT IS A HOLLOW BODY ELECTRIC WITH TWO PICK UPS,TWO VOL,TWO TONE KNOBS AND A TAILPIECE/VIBRATO.THE SHAPE OF THE GUITAR HAS DOUBLE SHARP HORN CUTAWAYS,THE TOP AND BACK ARE CARVED SURROUNDED BY A VERY NICE BINDING OF TWO BLACK LINES UNDER WHITE,BUT THE SIDES HAVE A SINGLE WIDER BLACK LINE UNDER WHITE.THE WOOD OF THE BODY APPEARS TO BE SOLID CHERRY WITH A CHERRY STAIN.THE NECK HAS 21 MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS WITH MOTHER OF PEARL BLOCK INLAYS IN A EBONY FINGERBOARD SURROUNDED BY WHITE BINDING.THE NECK IS BOLT ON WITH 'MADE IN ITALY' ON A CHROME PLATE WITH 4 SCREWS.THE HEADSTOCK IS BLACK WITH 'STRADAVOX' PRINTED IN INLAY WRAPPED IN WHITE BINDING.ON THE BACK OF THE NCK IS ADARK LINE THAT GOES TO THE TOP OF THE HEADSTOCK.THE GUITAR HAS 2 'F'HOLES.THE BRIDGE IS THE ORIGINAL TUNEAMATIC TYPE.I DONT HAVE THE ORIGINAL PICKGAURD WITH STRADAVOX WRITTEN ON IT.I HAVE PUT A NEW NUT ON IT,AND PUT A GIBSON TRAPEZE TAILPIECE ON IT.ALSO IPUT SPERZEL TUNERS AND CARVIN C22 P/U.THE FINISH ON THE GUITAR HAS NOT YELLOWED AS DO GIBSONS.THE CRAFTMANSHIP ON THE GUITAR IS EXCELLENT.I CANT FIND A NUMBER ON IT. I AM THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND PLAY THE GUITAR REGULARLY,I KEEP FLATWOUNDS ON IT AND HAVE NEVER NEEDED NEW FRETS.I KEEPT ALL THE ORIGINAL PARTS THAT I MODIFIED.IHAVE ONLY MET ONE OTHER GUITARIST WITH A STRADAVOX AND THAT WAS IN 1971.I KNOW THAT THEY WERE MADE BY AN ACCORDIAN COMPANY WITH THE SAME NAME WHO IS STILL IN BUSINESS.IHAVE ALSO BEEN LOOKING FOR THEM OR OWNERS OF THEM WITH NO LUCK.I LOVE THIS GUITAR AND WOULD NEVER PART WITH IT BUT I BE INTERESTED IN EXCHANGING PHOTOS OF THE GUITARS WITH YOU.
ENJOY THAT GUITAR.

Stradavox For Sale

I've had this guitar since 1965. My Aunt bought it when I was 4. Actually she bought it for a friend of hers and at that time before she could give it to him they broke up. So I inherited it. Christy's in New York couldn't even locate information on this rare guitar. Can anyone locate more info, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,

Here's what I've found after extensive research.
http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/zerosette/stradavox.html

Thanks,
Lane

Hey got one too. It came from Chicago as well.Owner is Decesed.Same all over Hand made case.I could submit ptctures if you guys like.vintage beautiful sound true craftsmanship would never part with either

http://www.lucchesivintageinstruments.com/product.php?id=130

: http://www.lucchesivintageinstruments.com/product.php?id=130
I am the new owner of this sweet guitar. great sound with a real contrast between the 2 pickups. the pup switch is reverse, up is bridge and down is neck. get lots of compliments on this one.

: Hello my name is carlos and I have a stradavox which my parents bought for me in chicago 1969 it is in mint condition . I too am trying to find out about the company that manufactured this fine instrument and how much it is worth even thought for me it is priceless.Any info my email is thrak69@hotmail.com

: HELLO all, i too, have a stradavox, and you have enlightened me to the origin of this guitar.It's a beauty. cherry finish, and you're right still a rich finish. pickups are ok, however they buzz. im thinking about replacing them with 490's or 490 & 492 pickups(same as Tenneesseean & Country Gentelman). thanx . ill post again.
ray.

: HELLO all, i too, have a stradavox, and you have enlightened me to the origin of this guitar.It's a beauty. cherry finish, and you're right still a rich finish. pickups are ok, however they buzz. im thinking about replacing them with 490's or 490 & 492 pickups(same as Tenneesseean & Country Gentelman). thanx . ill post again.
ray.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.