Framus-Western accoustic 12 string

Posted by Sonyia Okane on Sat, 01/19/02 - 19:58:33.

I have a Framus-Western 12 string accoustic. Model#78G 06840 serial#02407 maybe 62407 Made in West Germany. I would truly appreciate any information on its worth and age. Thank you

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Framus-Western accoustic 12 string

: I have a Framus-Western 12 string accoustic. Model 01801or 01802 serial texan 57296 or 5/296 Made in West Germany. I would truly appreciate any information on its worth and age. Thank you

I too have a Framus Texan 12 string. You can tell the year of manufacture by the serial number line in the guitar sound hole. The serial number is the 5 digit number and the year of manufacture follows it...like 69, etc.
The guitar is not an expensive guitar. Mine too has the curved back. Most have an adjustable neck. Dont try to adjust the neck yourself...take to a reputable guitar repair shop to have the neck adjusted. Overall the guitar has a nice tone...You might need new machine heads too. Get some good strings and have some fun with it. You most likely cant hurt it. Most of the materials are laminates so dont get it wet or leave it exposed to the direct sunlight. The one I have was purchased in a pawn shop by my brother in the 80's for $100. Play it and enjoy it.

: I have a Framus-Western 12 string accoustic. Model#78G 06840 serial#02407 maybe 62407 Made in West Germany. I would truly appreciate any information on its worth and age. Thank you

I just picked up a Framus Texan 5/296 12 string. Serial # 5150, 68A. I guess this means it was made in 1968 in a month that starts with "A" in German (August?). I'd like to take off the metal pieces and give them a good cleaning. Any suggestions on what to use?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.