Re: selmer made

Advertisement
Posted by Tom Quertinmont on Tue, 11/22/05 - 19:55:28.

: I HAVE AN OLD ACOUSTIC GUITAR I AM LOOKING FOR INFO ON. ON THE INSIDE OF THE BODY IS A LABEL THAT SAY'S "MADE FOR SELMER IN KOREA". THE NAME OF THE GUITAR IS "COMBO". WHICH IS ON THE LABEL AND ALSO ON THE HEAD. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK ON THE NET. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME THANKS!

My guitar is the same as discribed...also has a model number GS10. I also would like some info on the instrument.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Combo guitar by Selmer made in USA

I was just given this little cool guitar. Model 8453 Combo. It is in rough shape but I'm taking it to a shop today for some fix up. It reminds me of my first guitar in 1958. I wonder if it is of any value outside of seeming to be a fairly well made extremely light guitar. It has metal strings but I will maybe put nylon on it for students with tender fingers. Anyone know anything about these guitars?

selmer made

I was just given a GC40 model, old beautiful sounding classical. Serial # starts 740 as well. I love it. Never seen one before, and info seems to be limited.

Re: selmer made

: : I HAVE AN OLD ACOUSTIC GUITAR I AM LOOKING FOR INFO ON. ON THE INSIDE OF THE BODY IS A LABEL THAT SAY'S "MADE FOR SELMER IN KOREA". THE NAME OF THE GUITAR IS "COMBO". WHICH IS ON THE LABEL AND ALSO ON THE HEAD. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK ON THE NET. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME THANKS!

: My guitar is the same as discribed...also has a model number GS10. I also would like some info on the instrument.

: Mine is exactly like what you guys are describing! Also the prefix of my serial number is in the 740's with 5 digits after that (if that means anything..) I can't find any pictures or information on it either. It definitely doesn't have the Selmer style D-hole, which is all I've been able to find pictures of on the net. It's really too bad, I want to know what year my guitar was made in because it was my mom's in the late 60's or 70's

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.