Re: daion guitars and basses

Advertisement
Posted by Carl Jacobs on Sat, 10/18/03 - 22:11:59.

I have a Daion / Anea acoustic folk style guitar, round back, wood-bound / no plastic, the neck has an inlaid Daion tuning fork in mother of pearl. The head has gold tuners and a gold painted label which says Anea. The music store owner told me this story back then and I think part if not all info is correct. He bought several of these guitars in texas in about 1985 at a greatly reduced price/ because he said they were too strange looking, too high priced, and weren't selling well for an unknown maker. A japanese man who had worked for an american manufacturer for many years returned to japan and began making acoustic guitars under the name Daion. The shop owner said the Daion owner got up one day and changed the name to Anea which was his daughter's name. He put new (Anea)labels on the Daion guitars as my guitar, many have two names or logo's. Because of poor sales he abandoned production of acoustic models and focused on electric models.
The shop where I bought my guitar had electric anea guitars for several more years but the owner died in about 1990 so I can't ask him about the the story any more.
This is all I know about these guitars except when I bought the one I have, I played and compaired all the acoustic guitars in his shop and the Daion / anea giutar had the best sound quality and played as well as guitars twice it's price.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

The story he told you is correct. I dated Anea's older sister from 1980-85. I went to the Waco Factory to pick out my 81 Caribou. They were very well made and sounded great!
p.s. Anea,her sister and Mom and Dad (who named the guitar) are alive and well in the Dallas Tx. area

: I have a Daion / Anea acoustic folk style guitar, round back, wood-bound / no plastic, the neck has an inlaid Daion tuning fork in mother of pearl. The head has gold tuners and a gold painted label which says Anea. The music store owner told me this story back then and I think part if not all info is correct. He bought several of these guitars in texas in about 1985 at a greatly reduced price/ because he said they were too strange looking, too high priced, and weren't selling well for an unknown maker. A japanese man who had worked for an american manufacturer for many years returned to japan and began making acoustic guitars under the name Daion. The shop owner said the Daion owner got up one day and changed the name to Anea which was his daughter's name. He put new (Anea)labels on the Daion guitars as my guitar, many have two names or logo's. Because of poor sales he abandoned production of acoustic models and focused on electric models.
: The shop where I bought my guitar had electric anea guitars for several more years but the owner died in about 1990 so I can't ask him about the the story any more.
: This is all I know about these guitars except when I bought the one I have, I played and compaired all the acoustic guitars in his shop and the Daion / anea giutar had the best sound quality and played as well as guitars twice it's price.

Re: RARE!! daion ANEA electric guitar

RARE!! daion ANEA electric guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: RARE!! daion ANEA electric guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.