Re: Hondo Guitar History

Advertisement
Posted by Shafta on Thu, 06/21/07 - 21:42:50.

Hondo guitars are about as good as, and worth about the same as the dump you just took in your toilet.

: I just got a hondo guitar second hand. It is a H125B by int. music corp.Do you have any info on this guitar? email if you do. Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

75' Hondo

In 1975 I got A Hondo steel string Acoustic for my birthday. The strings at the 12 fret were at least 1/2 inch off the neck. The intonation was terrible. I wouldn't stay in tune. I couldn't play a chord above the 5th fret without buzz because the strings were so high. My friends from High School still make fun of that crappy guitar!

hondo

I have one of the first Hondo strat copys with a maple neck. I love it it plays better than most guitars ive picked up. I like it so well I bought a 1978 Les paul honey burst Hondo it plays and sounds just as good if not better than my nephews Epiphone Les paul plus top

while some may think of hondo a cheap, the early models (70's-early 80's) were well crafted. I have a '76 Explorer reissue from gibson and a early 80's VIP series explorer from hondo and both play equally well. The hondo came with dimarzio pickups and the dealer added a kahler brass trem setup. The gibson is a little lighter than the hondo and as the original owner of both I can say they have aged equally well and both play great today. The hondo even came with a hsc that was better form fitted than the factory gibson case I must say.

i dunno, i bought my fame series 763 for 80 bucks, and have played the s**t out of it for 14 years, and it still kicks ass. and i mean, ive beaten the crap out of it, the neck is still straight after everything too.

That's not entirelytrue. The Hondo guitars made in the second half of the seventies were pretty nice for the price.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.