Morris Les Paul

Posted by Tonnis van der Luit on Tue, 11/25/03 - 04:04:01.
In Reply to Guitar Explosion

I have a great Morris les Paul- model. It plays great, it's more than fifteen years old. And I can't find any information about this model.
I got new humbucker (schaller) pick-ups and gear on it and in it. My dealer says it's worth is 400 euro.
If someone has any info about this model than please let me know.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Morrris Les Paul

I Have also a black Morris Les Paul- I served it just a few days ago and it truly is as close to Gibson as possible. (I had Gibson Les Paul Custom 70´s Model 10 years ago and what it comes to my opinion Morrris is better to play at least to say). I am selling the guitar since i have some bills to pay... make me an offer if u are interested of the guitar... I live in Helsinki Finland and my number is +358469686104.

Re: Morris Les Paul

I have a Les Paul Custom wine red with three pickups and goldplated hardware by Morris. My guitar was made in Japan at thr beginning of the 70's. Morris was the high brand of Hondo Guitars. A mint Morris can cost at least 700 euros. Usually it's all maple made with an ebony fingerboard and abalone inserts. Pickups are a very good copy of the original Gibson Paf. The circuitation is better than the original, as to switch off the middle p.u. (it was impossible on the original les paul) they chose to provide three volumes and one tone knobs. As you can imagine, the overall tone is well controlled by the single pot and each pickup's volume can be controlled separately. The sound is great. Really vintage with the typical features of the 59s and 60s les paul. They were very deep and screamy, easy to feedback at medium level of amp. Same as my Morris. In my opinion, it sounds much and much better than any current Gibson made after 1962 and better than many custom shops.

MIne is **** ed up !! I don't what to do with it ! Is anyone interested in buying it for 300 euros ?

Hi
I have a Morris Telecaster Custom De luxe with 2 humbuckers in it. Have you more info?
It's a great guitar and i want to know what wood is used and what kind off humbuckers

I have on too and it's truly great. I don't know much about Morris, but from what I've heard they were sued by Gibson in the 70s for makin guitars that were to close to the original. Don't ever sell it. It's not worth very much but it is as good as a vintage Gibson i reckon.

: I have a great Morris les Paul- model. It plays great, it's more than fifteen years old. And I can't find any information about this model.
: I got new humbucker (schaller) pick-ups and gear on it and in it. My dealer says it's worth is 400 euro.
: If someone has any info about this model than please let me know.

The morris les paul is have is a bolt-on neck version. Any info on this one?

: I have on too and it's truly great. I don't know much about Morris, but from what I've heard they were sued by Gibson in the 70s for makin guitars that were to close to the original. Don't ever sell it. It's not worth very much but it is as good as a vintage Gibson i reckon.

:
: : I have a great Morris les Paul- model. It plays great, it's more than fifteen years old. And I can't find any information about this model.
: : I got new humbucker (schaller) pick-ups and gear on it and in it. My dealer says it's worth is 400 euro.
: : If someone has any info about this model than please let me know.

To LickitUp: Please E mail me the Model of Schallers you used on your Morris LP. I need some badly.

: : I have on too and it's truly great. I don't know much about Morris, but from what I've heard they were sued by Gibson in the 70s for makin guitars that were to close to the original. Don't ever sell it. It's not worth very much but it is as good as a vintage Gibson i reckon.

: :
: : : I have a great Morris les Paul- model. It plays great, it's more than fifteen years old. And I can't find any information about this model.
: : : I got new humbucker (schaller) pick-ups and gear on it and in it. My dealer says it's worth is 400 euro.
: : : If someone has any info about this model than please let me know.

: To LickitUp: Please E mail me the Model of Schallers you used on your Morris LP. I need some badly.
PB4Jesus49@aol.com

: I have on too and it's truly great. I don't know much about Morris, but from what I've heard they were sued by Gibson in the 70s for makin guitars that were to close to the original. Don't ever sell it. It's not worth very much but it is as good as a vintage Gibson i reckon.

:
: : I have a great Morris les Paul- model. It plays great, it's more than fifteen years old. And I can't find any information about this model.
: : I got new humbucker (schaller) pick-ups and gear on it and in it. My dealer says it's worth is 400 euro.
: : If someone has any info about this model than please let me know.

I have one also can't find any info on it . I would like to add new pickups. Any Reccomendations? This axe is just like a Les Paul/Gibson

So it seems there are more people playing on a Morris Les-Paul. Yes indeed it's a great instrument but as everyone else I've never heard from it before. I Nought it for a price you would dream over. Seeing what the dealer would pa for I keep it to myself and hope to play it for a very long time. What I like most about it it's the way it manufactured. Very detailed. and even the sound is great.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.