Morris W601M

Posted by Wired on Wed, 01/28/04 - 15:46:04.
In Reply to Guitar Explosion

Have had this guitar for about 25 years. Great to play, great sound. Anybody know any more about this model? Is it Japanese made?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Morris W601M

: Have had this guitar for about 25 years. Great to play, great sound. Anybody know any more about this model? Is it Japanese made?
i got one some few weeks great to play great sound and inspected by a kurasawa! do u have an idea about the price?thx bye

Re: Morris W601M

Hi,

I have a W-602 made in Japan in 1978; it was my first guitar and remains my preferred one, even if I have much higher value gears now... It is sentimental, but also because it plays great. The only backdraw is an adjustable saddle on a metalic chassis which is preventing the top of giving all it has; I'm currently replacing it with a custom made fossil ivory saddle from B.Colosi.
This was a cheap guitar, laminated spruce top (but very veloce) and mahogany back and side. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge, chrome tuners; these tuners can still be ordered for replacement from Morris in Japan.
I don't know the specs of your model, but I suspect it is a close one.
Hope this helped.
Jeff

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.