Re: Damaged Morris guitar

Posted by David Pegg on Sun, 06/26/05 - 10:24:18.

:Ferenc,
PLace that guitar in the hands of a GOOD guitar tech. The sound will be the same. The action will be the same. I had a similar occasion happen to me. I was devistated! I thought all was lost with my guitar. But I took it to the right person, and to my great relief, I got it back, and it was still the best guitar I had ever played.

: Hi, dear All!
: I have an acoustic Morris guitar (model W604M) with bronze strings, made in Japan in 1977. I own it for 18 years, I very like the sound of it and I cared it very much. But unfortunately it slipped out from the shoulder-strap and fell down. The edge of the back side was bruised, and it seems that on about a six inches long part the back plate was parted from the side. I see another hairline cleft on the middle of the edge. I would like to know, that whether this effects the sound of the guitar? If yes, can the guitar be repared? The sound of the guitar will be the same as originaly? I am in despair.
: Thank you in advance,
: Ferenc Hajdu
: Budapset, Hungary

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.