Morris Guitar

Posted by JonGerard on Tue, 07/02/02 - 22:02:59.
In Reply to Guitar Explosion

I have a Morris guitar that I bought new in Hawaii in 1976. Can any one tell me if this guitar is built by the same company that is making the Morris guitars of today. Mine was also made in Japan. It is a Model 604m, does anybody know anything about this? Let me know please...Thank you!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Morris Guitar

I too have a morris guitar I is a solid body classical with active on board preamp-solid mahogany with a spruce to-its pretty nice-bought it used but dont know anything abut it-

I bought a solid body accoustic Morris (Les Paul Style) and would welcome any info on it regarding age, pedigree, history!

ive also got a morris from the early 70's and from what i know its a diff company, morris supposidely changed their name to gibson. hold on to it. its worth a couple of rainy days!!

John/ireland

Re: Morris Guitar-1976 Model-W604M

: I have a Morris guitar that I bought new in Hawaii in 1976. Can any one tell me if this guitar is built by the same company that is making the Morris guitars of today. Mine was also made in Japan. It is a Model 604m, does anybody know anything about this? Let me know please...Thank you!!

It is indeed the same company:
Moridaira musical instruments in Tokyo
Web: http://www.morrisguitars.com/

: : I have a Morris guitar that I bought new in Hawaii in 1976. Can any one tell me if this guitar is built by the same company that is making the Morris guitars of today. Mine was also made in Japan. It is a Model 604m, does anybody know anything about this? Let me know please...Thank you!!

Morris Guitar-1976 Model-W604M

Hi i have the same guitar in good condition and wanted to inquire into the value of the guitar. It is a well built guitar, though it does seem to be a working mans guitar i do not have any idea of the value. 1976 morris w604m.
thank you very much.

Hi,

Never sell your Morris W 604M. I have the same guitar and its a maybe better expll then the martin D. Spruce solid top and maghony sides and back.
Some of my musical friends offer my big mony for my 604 but i will never selll.

gretings, Roger

: Moridaira musical instruments in Tokyo
: Web: http://www.morrisguitars.com/

:
: : : I have a Morris guitar that I bought new in Hawaii in 1976. Can any one tell me if this guitar is built by the same company that is making the Morris guitars of today. Mine was also made in Japan. It is a Model 604m, does anybody know anything about this? Let me know please...Thank you!!

: Hi,

: Never sell your Morris W 604M. I have the same guitar and its a maybe better expll then the martin D. Spruce solid top and maghony sides and back.
: Some of my musical friends offer my big mony for my 604 but i will never selll.

: gretings, Roger

:
: : Moridaira musical instruments in Tokyo
: : Web: http://www.morrisguitars.com/

: :
: : : : I have a Morris guitar that I bought new in Hawaii in 1976. Can any one tell me if this guitar is built by the same company that is making the Morris guitars of today. Mine was also made in Japan. It is a Model 604m, does anybody know anything about this? Let me know please...Thank you!!

I am wondering if my Morris is an earlier version of yours. I purchased my Morris new in 1972. It has a spruce top, mahogany back and sides, rosewood fretboard and inlaid mother-of-pearl. It has the label inside with W-604 and the year is 1972. I do know that it was made in Japan. I think that I paid about $150 for it then. Was wondering the value of it now. It is in extremely good condition.

1976 I have purchased this Morris Guitar type W 604M new for approx 600 Guilders,(approx 275Euros) (hardcase included) at a musicstore in Zwolle, Holland.
Top made from high quality spruce. Back and sides solid Brazilian Rosewood!! These days the same guitar would cost at least 10 Times as much the amount I paid for it.

Right from the start when I bought this guitar I was very satisfied with it's tone since this is just far out and at least comparable with high end models of famous and expensive brands. WOW!!Nowerdays I own many electric and accoustic high end brand guitars, however After 33 years I still have this fantastic sounding guitar and never will let it go.

: 1976 I have purchased this Morris Guitar type W 604M new for approx 600 Guilders,(approx 275Euros) (hardcase included) at a musicstore in Zwolle, Holland.
: Top made from high quality spruce. Back and sides solid Brazilian Rosewood!! These days the same guitar would cost at least 10 Times as much the amount I paid for it.

: Right from the start when I bought this guitar I was very satisfied with it's tone since this is just far out and at least comparable with high end models of famous and expensive brands. WOW!!Nowerdays I own many electric and accoustic high end brand guitars, however After 33 years I still have this fantastic sounding guitar and never will let it go.

I have exactly the same but are you sure for Brazilian Rosewood , mine seems to be indian

Morris Guitars

I have a Morris W 846 which I bought in Sydney in 1983 for $330 . It has Rosewood back and sides , not sure if Brazillian or Indian solid spruce top and maple strip at the back. Beautifull sounding guitar .... its a keeper !! wonder what its worth ?

Re: Morris Guitar-1976

: I have a Morris guitar that I bought new in Hawaii in 1976. Can any one tell me if this guitar is built by the same company that is making the Morris guitars of today. Mine was also made in Japan. It is a Model 604m, does anybody know anything about this? Let me know please...Thank you!!

Re: Morris Guitar-1976 W604M

Hi Jon, the Morris W604M was one of my first Dreadnaught Western Guitars. I purchased it in 1977 in Holland brandnew for about US$485 included a hardcase. I still have this outstanding soundquality guitar. Back and sides from he body are all solid Rosewood. Top is also solid and made of high quality spruce. Bindings everywhere on the body and neck and beautiful abalone inlays around the top and rosette. Mine do sound at least as beautiful like my friend's Martin D35. I never refretted the neck although there's pretty much fretwear by now after almost 30 years that it's in my pocession. Thanks for looking, Louis

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.