MORRIS GUITARS

Posted by JORGE SEGURA on Fri, 01/31/03 - 04:07:18.
In Reply to Guitar Explosion

I HAVE TWO MORRIS GUITARS ABOUT 15 OR 20 YEARS OLD (MODELS: JUMBO MW-82 AND TORNADO Z-100). I WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THEM. ARE EXPENSIVE?, ARE A GOOD GUITARS?.

ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE?. THANKS

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: MORRIS GUITARS

Dear All,

does anybody know Morris Vanguard series guitars?

Thank you in advance.
Ferenc

I purchased my Morris A 12 new in 1970 or 71. It was a cheapie. I only met one other person who had one and now he is dead. I have never seen another. I paid less than $100 and it has seen alot of action over 30+ years. I have a sentimental attachment to it and will always have it.

Re: MORRIS GUITARS 12 string

I have the opportunity to purchase a Morris 12 string - used, have no ides of it's age or model number a this time. Is there someone that can tell me how they like their 12 string? All the reviews I've seen on this site are for 6 string, but seem to be very good reviews.

Re: MORRIS GUITARS 12 string A-28

Have found out that it is a model A-283 or S, can't ell if it's a 3 or an S. Does anyone have one of these. Am buying it blind off craig's list. Only heard the guy play it over the phone..sounded good.: I have the opportunity to purchase a Morris 12 string - used, have no ides of it's age or model number a this time. Is there someone that can tell me how they like their 12 string? All the reviews I've seen on this site are for 6 string, but seem to be very good reviews.

: I purchased my Morris A 12 new in 1970 or 71. It was a cheapie. I only met one other person who had one and now he is dead. I have never seen another. I paid less than $100 and it has seen alot of action over 30+ years. I have a sentimental attachment to it and will always have it.

: : I purchased my Morris A 12 new in 1970 or 71. It was a cheapie. I only met one other person who had one and now he is dead. I have never seen another. I paid less than $100 and it has seen alot of action over 30+ years. I have a sentimental attachment to it and will always have it.
I bought my Morris Tornado (limited edition) about 25 years ago. And if anything, plays and sounds better than it ever did. Volume and action is far better than any of the other better know name brands!!

: I HAVE TWO MORRIS GUITARS ABOUT 15 OR 20 YEARS OLD (MODELS: JUMBO MW-82 AND TORNADO Z-100). I WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THEM. ARE EXPENSIVE?, ARE A GOOD GUITARS?.

: ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE?. THANKS
Hey jorge,
i too own a z-100,great guitar,have some good info to share
if you answer,tell me about yours,color,shape,case,where you
got it from,is it in good condition? i live in melbourne austrailia,where do you hail from? hope to here from you

I have a 1970 Morris A-12 six string acoustic which has mellowed very nicely with age. I love this guitar. Othat than that I don't know much about Morris guitars. It's actually my wife's guitar and wasn't expensive at the time of purchase but stands up very well with the more expensive models of the era and is outstanding compared to some of the crap that sells today.

Morris 12 string

I just scored a Morris 12 string of a mate today. It says the model is B703 and the year 1976. But try as I might I cannot find any info about this model. Anyone out there know anything about it??

I have 1970 Morris A-12 six string acoustic which has additional model # stamp of W13 beneath the A-12. The guitar has a great sound and I wonder what is its value.

I have a Morris acoustic Dreadnaught style. I appears to be a knock off of Martins D45. I bought it in 1974. The only indication of it's model is on the inside bracing under the Morris name is written "Special". The number 80 is stamped next to the truss rod adjuster. This is an outstanding instrument!
Does anyone have any info about this guitar?

I LOVE THESE GUITARS TOO, THEY ARE WELL MANUFACTERED WITH GOOD WOODS (EBONY FINGERBOARD) AND ORIGNAL HARDWARE, I HAVE COMPARED THEM WITH ACTUALS MODELS OF TAKAMINE, OVATION, ALHAMBRA NJ, AND I THINK IN SOME ASPECTS THEY PLAY BETTER.

THE WEB OF MORRIS IS IN JAPANESE AND I WOULD FIND SOME WEB IN ENGLISH ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL GUITARS. ANYBODY NOWS ONE?

I got my Morris fifteen years ago and haven't seen one since.
I have a floritine cutaway, great sound, action, lovely neck and tone.
Any idea of value for insurance?

:

I got my Morris fifteen years ago, and it is the last one I have seen. It is a MC 30 six string with a floritine cutaway, solid top.
Any ideas about value?

: I LOVE THESE GUITARS TOO, THEY ARE WELL MANUFACTERED WITH GOOD WOODS (EBONY FINGERBOARD) AND ORIGNAL HARDWARE, I HAVE COMPARED THEM WITH ACTUALS MODELS OF TAKAMINE, OVATION, ALHAMBRA NJ, AND I THINK IN SOME ASPECTS THEY PLAY BETTER.

: THE WEB OF MORRIS IS IN JAPANESE AND I WOULD FIND SOME WEB IN ENGLISH ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL GUITARS. ANYBODY NOWS ONE?

:my uncle sent me a dreadnought smallbody morris guitar on a second,it was so cheap so he buy it from a friend who doesn't know how to play.i just want to ask if how much is the exact of this guitar.....this is the best acoustic guitar i've ever palyed....scottbrian from cebu,philippines

: I LOVE THESE GUITARS TOO, THEY ARE WELL MANUFACTERED WITH GOOD WOODS (EBONY FINGERBOARD) AND ORIGNAL HARDWARE, I HAVE COMPARED THEM WITH ACTUALS MODELS OF TAKAMINE, OVATION, ALHAMBRA NJ, AND I THINK IN SOME ASPECTS THEY PLAY BETTER.

: THE WEB OF MORRIS IS IN JAPANESE AND I WOULD FIND SOME WEB IN ENGLISH ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL GUITARS. ANYBODY NOWS ONE?

:my uncle sent me a dreadnought smallbody morris guitar on a second,it was so cheap so he buy it from a friend who doesn't know how to play.i just want to ask if what the exact of this guitar.....this is the best acoustic guitar i've ever palyed....

:my uncle sent me bought a dreadnought smallbody morris guitar on a second,it was so cheap so he buy it from a friend who doesn't know how to play.i just want to ask if what the exact of this guitar.....this is the best acoustic guitar i've ever palyed....

: Hi. The English version of the Morris Guitar website is being worked on. I am working with Morris on promoting their new (mid to high) line of steel string acoustics, designed for fingerstyle players. I am a friend of the family. I play one of their models for fingerstyle and it sounds great. Very good workmanship and quality. They sound pretty close to the way Taylors sound, for less money. Morris is starting to pick up more dealers in the U.S. Shoot me an email if you have other questions and I'll try to help.

Hi. I have an old Morris solidbody electric classical that I can't find any info on at all. Do you know of it? There's no model or labelling or serial number, just the logo on the headstock. It's a great guitar - i bought it privately from an old jazz dude in Sydney about 10 years ago. There's just not a skerrick of info around on this guitar that I can find.

hey, iam the eldest grandkid of toshio moridaira. he is the owner of Morris guitars. My mom is the treasurer, so i think i can help u out

Morris TF-60

I'm trying to find more detailed information on a Morris TF-60 model I just purchased from Japan. It has the tan oval Morris in silver label the was made in japan with the model serial number as TF-60. What year production might this be? It is a red tobacco sunburst.

Thanks for any info you might share
Chris

T F Morris W613

Wonderful sounding instrument. Not selling it, just need info and how much to insure it for.

Pls. help identify my Morris guitar

I recently acquired a Morris solid body guitar. Nylon String with lower cutaway.
on the sticker inside the sound hole it says:

product of MORRIS Japan
GROOVIN'
Powered Acoustic Guitar
GG-90Z

any help identifying this guitar, as to date made, kinds of wood used, trade value would really be appreciated!

Ted

I have a Morris MD-56 bought about 27/28 years ago, just want to get some information on it. if you have it. Thx!

I recently found a Morris LD5N classical style guitar dated 1973 in a garbage bin in my street. The machine heads were damaged and it wouldn't tune but with a bit of attention it's absolutely fine. It sounds really really sweet, beautiful bright sound. I cannot believe someone threw this out!
Almost nothing on the internet to explain who Morris guitars are (other than a dodgy website that might damage my computer).

a-12 6 string w-13

This was my very first guitar. serial no.270805. I got it when I was 12 or 13 and its still one of my favorites. (Im 28 now) It was old and beatup when I got it but like many others I'd like to know more about it (date- etc) Its a double bound dreadnaut. Im just glad that im not alone in loving this unknown guitar. good luck to all.

Hi, dear All!
I have an acoustic Morris guitar (model W604M) with bronze strings, made in Japan in 1977. I own it for 18 years, I very like the sound of it and I cared it very much. But unfortunately it slipped out from the shoulder-strap and fell down. The edge of the back side was bruised, and it seems that on about a six inches long part the back plate was parted from the side. I see another hairline cleft on the middle of the edge. I would like to know, that whether this effects the sound of the guitar? If yes, can the guitar be repared? The sound of the guitar will be the same as originaly? I am in despair.
Thank you in advance,
Ferenc Hajdu
Budapset, Hungary

Ace, Is the English version of the Morris web site up yet? I have a 1979 Morris W-25 in perfect condition and was wondering about how much it is worth. Any idea?

: Ace, Is the English version of the Morris web site up yet? I have a 1979 Morris W-25 in perfect condition and was wondering about how much it is worth. Any idea?

Hi, I'm also a Morris guitar player and would like to know how much my Flamenco Acoustic/Electric is worth.

:I also have a like new W-25 and would like to sell but can't find what the value is. It has a ebony fingerboard and bridge and is a 1975-76 I believe. Any ideas? Help! Jerry

I need more information on Morris guitars, particularly the guitars that were produced in the 1970's. You mentioned that you are working with Morris....can you refer me to a suitable source from the Morris company?

: : Hi. The English version of the Morris Guitar website is being worked on. I am working with Morris on promoting their new (mid to high) line of steel string acoustics, designed for fingerstyle players. I am a friend of the family. I play one of their models for fingerstyle and it sounds great. Very good workmanship and quality. They sound pretty close to the way Taylors sound, for less money. Morris is starting to pick up more dealers in the U.S. Shoot me an email if you have other questions and I'll try to help.

MORRIS TELECASTER BASS. IS IT A GOOD GUITAR???
IS GOOD AS FENDER TELECASTER BASS???

I bought my Morris six-string in Sweden in 1971. The local music shop purchased two guitars for evaluation. I bought the first and a friend of mine bought the second one. Note the price 325 SEK which corresponded to $40 !!! If you take the inflation into consideration, today's price would be around $250!!!
The sound, especially the bass, is great, and you can compare it to some of the Martin models from the mid 70s.
I was on a business trip to Yokohama Japan a couple of years ago. In one of the shopping streets I found a music store full of Morris guitars. Unfortunately I was short of money, otherwise I would have bought a 12-string.
Right now I'm looking for a new guitar. It's more or less impossible to find a Morris in Sweden, so I guess I'll have to buy another brand.

/Lars

Hi Lars,

I have just privately purchased a Morris W621S Acoustic owned by a session musician who worked with Roxette and many other big names.
It is one of the richest sounds I've heard from an acoustic.

Ian
Järfälla
Sweden

: I bought my Morris six-string in Sweden in 1971. The local music shop purchased two guitars for evaluation. I bought the first and a friend of mine bought the second one. Note the price 325 SEK which corresponded to $40 !!! If you take the inflation into consideration, today's price would be around $250!!!
: The sound, especially the bass, is great, and you can compare it to some of the Martin models from the mid 70s.
: I was on a business trip to Yokohama Japan a couple of years ago. In one of the shopping streets I found a music store full of Morris guitars. Unfortunately I was short of money, otherwise I would have bought a 12-string.
: Right now I'm looking for a new guitar. It's more or less impossible to find a Morris in Sweden, so I guess I'll have to buy another brand.

: /Lars

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.