morris hurricane

Advertisement
Posted by jorgeP on Sun, 03/16/03 - 19:31:52.
In Reply to Guitar Explosion

I have a morris hurricane ( equinox-4 ) Does anyone know about this guitar?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: morris hurricane

I just bought an equinox 2 from craigs list. It is sweet. It has a shape similar to a strat, is all black, has an humbucker at the bridge and single coil at the neck, an original tremolo, and Gotoh tuners. It had the original hard case, a little ruffed up, but workable. Like I said sweet. I think these will have some collector value if they are in good shape. We'll see.

I just bought a Morris Hurricane Equinox-4 on e-bay, because of all of you guys, raving about these little bastards they call Morris..i saw it on there for $199.00 buy it now and i missed it, thinkin should i or should'nt i?...hmmmmmmm... i was away for the weekend.....so i checked my-ebay.to find that it never drew a bid..I was gonna use the buy it now for the 199.00 but got busy and forgot before i left..anyway...i e-mailed the guy and told him i was interested in it, and he simply replied, (been relisted)...so i check it out and no buy it now but a starting bid of 99.95....so here i go watching it every day..i end up winning it for 126.97 but i planned on paying up to $250.00 on a bet that you guys werent on crack, heroin, or just lying about junk to make yourselves feel better about a guitar that you wish you didnt have...i know about this cause i too have had a couple that you need to talk yourself into liking...lol..ANYWAY......he ships it ..i get it..and i look at it for a bit....shrug my shoulders and say for $126 how can ya bitch....BUT then..i plug it in !!!!...Holy freakin crap.... after a tuning and a couple of flicks of the switches. i was annoying my nieghbors like never before...its an unbelievable guitar...chuncky neck, great frets, inotnated pretty much spot on. and the MORRIS active electronics are HOT HOT HOT !!!!!!!!! harmonicly awsome, and a pleasure to play..and a ton of fun...its got a scratchy pot and the jack was a touch loose and the middle screw and locking pad for the string lock was missing but other than that the best guitar in the fleet...i have 2 $20,000 strats, a heard of vintage gibby's, some newer gib,s and some epi's that i really like.. a couple of vintage hagstroms which are unbelievable in there own right. and some vintage made in england WEM Sapphires, the lot of which i have spent a ton of money on set up and refrets parts etc to make them high end units..but this Morris is the cats ass!!!!!it's heavy as hell too..sustain that DOES NOT END.....it musta been built on a wednesday...LOL..if you get a chance to get one do it..hopefully it will play like mine this one has the magic...a ding here a dong there the pearl white that has a yellowish patina to it....aged very nicely..but it also supposedly was signed by clarence carter.(the guy who wrote strokin) music city 1996...who knows i'll leave it on there, its kinda cool and hey if its real maybe it will be worth a million someday...lol..hunt one down and buy it you will love it...

hurricane guitar

would you sell you equinox 4 to me ?

morris hurricane

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: morris hurricane

It's a wonderful guitar to mod. But its stock stuff is good too. It's really easy to turn that guitar into your own. I have an equinox 1. And it's a dream.

hurricane guitar

do you still have this guitar, if so could you send me a pic please so tha i can see what the equinox 1 looks like ,thanks

Yeah, i have a red morris hurricane, it's OLD, i purchased it off ebay, it plays like a BEAST! the action is so low it's unbelievable. It has a vintage, trem three single coils, looks like someone replaced the nut with a brass one...

I have a rectangular case for a Morris Hurricane - Equinox Series electric guitar Black exterior w/ Electric Blue Interior v/g condition if anyone is interested FYI...Thanks

hurricane guitars

do you still have the case if so contact me at pushenhard38@yahoo.com, i have an equinox 2 and 4 , and i need 1 more case

Can't find much,i've got a metallic pink hurricane with kahler flyer tremelo and locking nut,bridge humbucker and 2 single coils,needs work but plays a beast!even though i've had it for 15 years i've never come across another!

I have an equinox - 3, been sitting in my closet for years now... don't know anything about them either though... anyone have any idea what these things are worth?

hurricane guitar

would you like to sell the hurricane guitar, that is if you still have it ?

I have an Hirricane Equinox 5 with Kahler locking tremelo and a scallopped frets. I totally love it and have owned it about 15 years. Unfortunately, I also know nothing about it.

: I have an equinox - 3, been sitting in my closet for years now... don't know anything about them either though... anyone have any idea what these things are worth?

Re: morris hurricane equinox-3

Ya I just got this Hurricane Equinox-3.
I first saw it and it looked kinda cheap.
WhammyBar sucks. Bright red. 3 Morris pickups.
I wish I could find more info about this.
I have the case too.

hurricane guitar

would you sell this guitar to me , if so please contact me at pushenhard38@yahoo.com

I pulled a Hurricane by Morris (Les Paul) out of my cupboard fitted new pickups and love it. Don't know much about the company though (if they are the same).

I have the sunburst Les Paul copy too. I know the hurricane by Morris was selling 30ish years ago because thats when the guitar was bought initialy. It plays alot better than the more modern epiphone copies and is also much better built, you can tell that just from the weight difference in the two models. I managed to get the guitar for £100 of a friend and have lowered the strings for that nice "metal" feel, the guitar is versatile, looks great and plays like a dream. Bargain!

i have just bought (secondhand) a morris hurricane really cheap.. same deal, nobody seems to know anything about them, but all over the web ppl who own them rave about them... this one looks, feels, plays, sounds fantastic. I showed it to a friend who has strats, jacksons, gibson and he is highly critical of "cheap" guitars. He was mighty dubious at first, but once he started playing it I couldn't get it away from him! His words: "man this is a ball-tearer of a guitar!" I have been to morris website (requires translation from japanese) but there is bugger all info there either. Someone somewhere must know more!

:This is crazy! It seems everyone who has one of these loves it - inlcuding me. I found a Morris model MD-505 and it is a wonderful instrument. I can't find any info however. Anybody suggest where to find out about these guitars please help!

I have a morris hurricane ( equinox-4 ) Does anyone know about this guitar?

Re: morris hurricane need help

morris hurricane need help

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: morris hurricane need help

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.