Royce Guitar ?

Advertisement
Posted by Bruce B on Mon, 10/21/02 - 18:08:08.

I have a Royce hollow body electric guitar, I cannnot find any information on this guitar. It appears to be an ES335 copy any help would be appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Royce Guitar

In late 1978 or Early1979 My older bro went to Woolworths & got a Royce Les Paul cherry sunburst because he met some guys in the 8th grade that needed a bass player & he didnt realize the differance.So soon after that i wanted to learn guitar too so i mowed a few lawns & bought it off him.I put an Aria pro humbucker in the bridge & thats what i learned on the first couple years till i traded the guitar in 81 too a kid on the next block for a moped.Then the idiot told me a week after we traded he smashed the guitar.i dont know if he was telling the truth cause that would have been downright retarded on his part. I've had fantasy's about going back to the home town & find out he was bullshiting & sell it back to me. I do have the original pickups still & a bunch of pictures of me & my bro doing cool rock poses with it cause when your first starting out thats all u can do.Since then i dont get rid of anything & now own about 30 guitars & basses.

lp royce

i had a royce lp copy about 30 years ago i can never found any info on it also

Re: Royce Guitar ?

:I actually have 2 Royce guitars. One is a "lawsuit copy" of a Martin d-28 complete with rosewood v in back. It is an extremely high quality guitar with abalone triple binding and abalone fret markers that are almost as wide as the neck.It has a slid spruce top , mahogany sides and back and the rosewood v in back as well as rosewood fretboard.The bracing is identical to the d-28. The other guitar is identical except for the v in back and the abalone. When I saw the second advertised on ebay I new the quality , luckily no one else did and I got it for $40.Both are great sounding guitars with great resonance , crisp high and mellow lows. I know nothing about royce guitars except what I see and hear. I love them and will buy any more on ebay . BIGG

Royce Guitar

In the early 80's Woolco was going out of business. I was driving by the store and thought maybe I find a cheap beach guitar. I went in, there were several guitars, andthe one I thought was the best for the money was this Royce modelo 257 concert body acoustic made in Korea. It was laying on the ground with 2 strings on it. I eyeballed the neck and it looked straight. It was half off - marked down from $32.00 down to $16.00. I figured what the heck, paid the $16.00, took it home and strung it up. Well, turns out the intonation is just about perfect and has a great tone. The neck is just a little fat, but plays fine. Also, the neck adjustment is inside the body, which you usually see on high-end axes. Go figure.

Re: Royce Guitar

I have a Royce model #267. The guitar has a sweet tone and great sustain and harmonics. The action is terribly high, about one-quarter inch at the twentieth fret. I pulled all the shims out from under the adjustable saddle, but this did little to lower the action. Still, it's a great guitar, and I got it for a song (no pun intended!) The top is well matched, the tuners are okay (I will probably replace them once I get the action lowered.) There is no marking on the headstock, and the inside label simply has the Royce name and the word 'model' printed, with the 267 written in by hand. Besides this site, the only place I find anything on this guitar is: http://www.vintaxe.com/catalogs_japanese_royce_1980s.htm

I have a very used Royce strat. It was my first electric and after replacing the pickguard and all the pickups, pots and switches, it sounds great. The nut is worn and the low E string can be bent to the point that it pops out of the nut. It's got the crummiest trem (whammy) I've ever seen. Alas, the 88 Fender strat and 75 Les Paul were sold to pay the bills about 20 years ago and this is all I have left to play on and it does the job. As for history? It has none. None that I can find. As for the possibility of coming out of BC Canada? I doubt it. Not for thousands of dollars. I picked it up in about 1985 for $75 including a set a strings and a free 6-foot cable. That's my $0.02.

I was recently given a Royce model J1595 acoustic guitar. It seems pretty old and it says that it was made in Korea. I can't find anything about Royce guitars, and I would like to know more about this one.

I own a Royce guitar too, but can't find any info online.
I got it when I was a kid about 30 years ago. It seems very high quality altough I don't think we paid much for it.

: I have a Royce hollow body electric guitar, I cannnot find any information on this guitar. It appears to be an ES335 copy any help would be appreciated.

I had a Royce solidbody, a Les Paul styled guitar that I loved for both its sentimental value and it sounded pretty damn good. Anyone looking to sell such a model?

:I have such a guitar also, an exact copy of a Les Paul. I am trying to find out something about the value. It is in excellent condition.

I have a Royce full size acoustic 6 string Guitar Model 280. It clearly says inside.."Made in Korea." It has inlays running up the neck and is completely edge protected much like the Martin expensive guitars. It does have exceptional sound. Please email with comments or information. RETNSOFS@aol.com

i bought a royce solid body electric from a thrift store for $50. it looks kind of like a gibson but i want to know if it is worth anything.i also remember seing one in the background of the today show

the royce accoustic sounds like samick, they build guitars to any spec's and put the specified name on them.
the solid body could be the same. but in the late 1960 to late 1970's there was a guitar builder in prince george b.c. canada. that built home made copies of fenders mostly strats. his name was royce and some had royce on them other said made by royce.i forget his last name. i learned to build guitars from him, he would supply home made pickups and machine heads, or factory ones depending on the order. some of the guitars we made in the late 70's were valued up to ten thousand for custom orders.

i bought a royce solid body electric from a thrift store for $50. it looks kind of like a gibson but i want to know if it is worth anything.i also remember seing one in the background of the today show

i bought a royce solid body electric from a thrift store for $50. it looks kind of like a gibson but i want to know if it is worth anything.i also remember seing one in the background of the today show once

Royce Guitar ?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Royce Guitar ?

: I have a Royce hollow body electric guitar, I cannnot find any information on this guitar. It appears to be an ES335 copy any help would be appreciated.

: I purchased a Royce hollow body today, in a Houston pawn shop. I have not ran across this brand before either. I did notice that the tailpiece and bridge resemble those from some Epiphone modles I have purchased in the past. It does appear to be a Gibson copy ; but I think the one I bought might be from the 60's. I did find where Royce makes drum sets. Have you learned anything else ?

i got a solid body six string electric and the string tighteners *tuning thingys* :p are Fender hmm

: : I have a Royce hollow body electric guitar, I cannnot find any information on this guitar. It appears to be an ES335 copy any help would be appreciated.

: : I purchased a Royce hollow body today, in a Houston pawn shop. I have not ran across this brand before either. I did notice that the tailpiece and bridge resemble those from some Epiphone modles I have purchased in the past. It does appear to be a Gibson copy ; but I think the one I bought might be from the 60's. I did find where Royce makes drum sets. Have you learned anything else ?
: Hi,
I took my Royce guitar to a local music shop and the owner told me it was made by Samick. My guitar was purchased on ebay and advertised to be from the sixties. I have to agree with the shop owner as the electronics appear to be of mid seventies origin at the earliest. Samick makes guitars for several name brand companies and they are re-branded, at least that is my understanding.

I have a royce dove six string acoustic, a beautiful piece, but also have had no luck finding reference as of to the company's history.
I am in love with this guitar and it sounds incredible and looks sharp despite it's age. however, i would like to find some more information on it.

Royce "Dove" acoustic

I have a chance to buy one from a woman for $30 .What do you think?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.