1976 Gibson - Good buy?

Posted by Eddy on Mon, 07/04/05 - 05:12:52.

I have an opportunity to purchase a 1976 Gibson J45/50 that seems in good shape. Tuning pegs are not original, and have been replaced with black keys (don't know the brand name). The asking price is $1,600 Cdn. Guitar has a beautiful tone, but don't want to get soaked. Also concerned about resale value in future. Feedback?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1976 Gibson - Good buy?

my dad owns a gibson j45/50 guitar (1976), he wants to sell it because he doesnt use it any more. he's tryed selling it on ebay but nothing happened on there! he was looking for about £800 (1,603.60 Canadian dollars) but the machine heads are original, please email me, if you are interested ps. i can send you some pictures if you want!

: I have recently seen the exact same guit. Was it in Halifax? I have the same questions.

: : I have recently seen the exact same guit. Was it in Halifax? I have the same questions.

Aaron:
It was in Halifax @ Gig Street - I didn't purchase based on information about 1970's Gibsons, and the cost was high.

I just bought one a month ago. And I love it. It completes me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I also have a 1977 Les Paul Standard and the 2 make me very happy. Both great players. You have to love it. If you don't love it, you won't pick it up and play it. I keep both of mine out of their cases, on stands. So just grab and play. Forget about resale. Get what you love and will play.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.