music man copy bass

Posted by paul fox on Thu, 11/23/00 - 14:35:51.

i love this bass the colours great red sunburst
the sound is thick and beefy
i have had to have mine set up as from new it was not in perfect harmony all the way down the neck
even now i still have a little fret buzz, but its
o.k. for now also the string height is very high
off the pickups and neck i ve made my own spring loaded pick up to adjust the height and bring it
closer to the strings.
i think this bass would have looked better with a tortoise shell scratch plate an addition i am activley seeking now.
how about doing a limited edition with all gold plated fittings and a tortoise shell scratch plate

i use a trace elliot amp and the combination of the amp and guitar are great
thanks for a good priced bass which has re fuelled my interest in playing bass guitar again.
paul fox
queenborough kent,england

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: music man copy bass

Paul - I just picked up a Aslin Dane Musicman copy cheap as the controls were not working. Wired up the controls from my PB to test and it sounds great! Have you or anyone else, any idea if they are still made & how much they sold for?. Also regarding your string height, if your bridge saddles are at lowest adjustment, you may need to raise or tilt the neck by packing the neck socket (I use plastic sheet rather than card), straighten the neck (making it less concave) or reduce the nut height by sanding the bottom of nut or very carefully filing the individual string slots - Thanks, Phil

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.