Charvel model 6 (circa 1988) electronics parts and schematics

Posted by Bob on Thu, 03/23/06 - 11:06:44.

I have a 1988 Charvel model 6 that has a bad volume pot, on an otherwise flawless guitar, that no one seems to be able to repair. I live in a small town and the music stores within a 200 mile radius are worthless. I'm looking for information on the load/capacity of the model 6 (with active electronics) volume pot and a wiring schemetic. I appreciate any help or guidance anyone can offer.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Charvel model 6 (circa 1988) electronics parts and schematics

What makes you think you have active electronics? If you do have any of the JE.... electronics, most of their pots were 50k volume pots.

: What makes you think you have active electronics? If you do have any of the JE.... electronics, most of their pots were 50k volume pots.

I have the factory info book from charvel/jackson and it lists the electronics as being active.(Odd that the book doesn't list any of the pot power loads though) Plus, the electronics have an independant power source (a nine volt battery). The battery not only powers the mid-range booster but it also powers the remaining electronics as well. Again, I appreciate any information that any body can give me.

: : What makes you think you have active electronics? If you do have any of the JE.... electronics, most of their pots were 50k volume pots.

: I have the factory info book from charvel/jackson and it lists the electronics as being active.(Odd that the book doesn't list any of the pot power loads though) Plus, the electronics have an independant power source (a nine volt battery). The battery not only powers the mid-range booster but it also powers the remaining electronics as well. Again, I appreciate any information that any body can give me.

I would to know where was this guiitar made, is it usa or japan? and more information about it please, thank you

Re: Charvel model 6 (circa 1988) electronics parts and schematic

: : : What makes you think you have active electronics? If you do have any of the JE.... electronics, most of their pots were 50k volume pots.

: : I have the factory info book from charvel/jackson and it lists the electronics as being active.(Odd that the book doesn't list any of the pot power loads though) Plus, the electronics have an independant power source (a nine volt battery). The battery not only powers the mid-range booster but it also powers the remaining electronics as well. Again, I appreciate any information that any body can give me.

: I would to know where was this guiitar made, is it usa or japan? and more information about it please, thank you

The guitar was made in Japan. It has a full humbucker in the bridge position and two stacked single coil humbuckers in the neck and middle position. It has a volume, tone, and mid-range boost pots as well as three individual on/off two way switches for the pick-ups. I'd really like to know where I can find replacement parts and a schematic for this guitar.

ALL model 6s were active electronics unless replaced by the owner.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.