Re: Charvel TX Custom

Posted by LV on Tue, 11/06/07 - 22:24:39.

Bought a sunbusrt MOP Charvel TX Custom (tele) from a dealer in Chi-town abot 20 years ago. Great ax and from what I've been able to deduce, it's a Japan Charvel from the late 80's (bought this in 1989) and they are few and far between. The dif from a standard tele - aside from the three pups - is the solid bridge plate. Lots of mass on this one. The bridge Pup is as close as one could hope for from a 52 no caster. HOT. Also has a push-pull on the tone pot. Not sure (haven't drawn out the schematic) but it appears to be a phase reverse (or "humbuck" when using two pups?). Got this to resell and the buyer wanted the neck shaved to be closer to what Charvel/Jackson was offering in their San Dimas collection. Took about 3/16" to a 1/4" of the back off and refinished it to match. Best mod I ever made. I guess that after he took it home he ran into a little $ prob as I found it in a local pawn shop two years later and bought it back (made money twice on this one!). The neck plate on the back says "Jackson/Charvel" - ser # 3826xx but as I said, I know it's about 20 years old - not a mid 90's.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Charvel TX Custom

What is this guitar worth? I want to get one but need to know fair market value on it. $300 $500 $800???

Re: Charvel TX Custom - early 90's

Went digging a little deaper this time round and found this on a fan site of catalogues from years past... have to say that the memoory is a little faulty as the TX Custom in question is from 1992 (just need to wait a few more years for to go vintage ;) )http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?pid=748&fullsize=1 Even explains the push-pull function! Learned something new today. I can go to rest in the bed happy!
Cheers!
LV

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.