Re: takamine np-18 c

Advertisement
Posted by Jimmyd on Mon, 05/04/09 - 19:59:04.

I have seen NP-18c's in good shape go for $300 to $600 USD on eBay in the last 6 months, so if you're patient you might be able to scoop one up for less. I own one that I played for years, but I recently got a Gibson Hummingbird so the Tak hasn't left the case for a few months. I thought about selling it when I got the 'bird, but I saw how little they were going for so decided to keep it as a traveling guitar. On the plus side, it has a nice fast neck, smooth ebony fingerboard, great electronics if you play plugged in and looks sweeeet. It's main drawbacks are that it sounds good but not great played acoustically because of the laminated back and sides. It really needs med gauge strings to sound good so it can be a workout on the hands. If you're looking for a great sounding acoustic there are way better options w/solid back and sides for what your friend is asking for the NP-18c. (Guild D40C comes to mind or you could probably get a nice used Taylor, although I'm not a big fan of Taylors).
Cheers, Jimmyd

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.