The Long lost Vantage guitar!

Posted by Matt Spencer on Tue, 08/17/04 - 10:47:30.

I have a vantage guitar in my posession, a Black fender Strat copy, which my friends suspect of having a Plywood neck with a metal bar through it, Any info from anyone who knows of any such guitar (as there isnt ANY info on the net or a mention of a vantage strat copy i can find) HELP!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I'm interested in buying a Vantage Ghost...

Anyone have one for sale?

Vantage "The Ghost" available

I have a Vantage "The Ghost" available. It is in excellent++ condition. I am considering selling it on Ebay, but will offer it here first, if there is somebody that sees this post and is interested. I want $450 and will send pictures if you are truly interested.

Vantage ghost still available?

I'd be very interested. Do you still have it?

Vantage "The Ghost" available

I have a Vantage "The Ghost" available. It is in excellent++ condition. I am considering selling it on Ebay, but will offer it here first, if there is somebody that sees this post and is interested. I want $450 and will send pictures if you are truly interested.

Re: The Long lost Vantage guitar VP795!

I have a vantage VP795 serial number 103069 and would love to know more about it. Is it a Japanese or Chinese made etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

: I have a vantage VP795 serial number 103069 and would love to know more about it. Is it a Japanese or Chinese made etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

its made in korea its one of the better made foreign guitars

It's probably Japanese. It's a guitar of good quality, very solid and good sound.
It's kind of heavy for the neck. However, the neck pain is worth it ^^

In the 70- early 80's Vantage made good quality guitars, but soon after it became cheaper and lower quality.

Re: The Long lost Vantage guitar! VANTAGE VP795

I have a VP795 vantage guitar in my posession, serial#106439. A moving company cratched it and I'm trying to find it's worth. Can anyone help me? email is calipapi2000@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Re: The Long lost Vantage guitar!

: I have a vantage guitar in my posession, a Black fender Strat copy, which my friends suspect of having a Plywood neck with a metal bar through it, Any info from anyone who knows of any such guitar (as there isnt ANY info on the net or a mention of a vantage strat copy i can find) HELP!
dude i dunno im trying to sell my Vantage Avenger black 3 pickups kewl looking but i havent played in a long time and i no its old my dads dads gave it to him i want to no how much its worth its in excellent condition

: I have a vantage guitar in my posession, a Black fender Strat copy, which my friends suspect of having a Plywood neck with a metal bar through it, Any info from anyone who knows of any such guitar (as there isnt ANY info on the net or a mention of a vantage strat copy i can find) HELP!

I just bought a used black and white vantage strat copy from the guitar center yesterday. I live in ALbany New York.

Vantages came from the Matsukmoto factory in japan from the late 70's till the early 80's. That was the same factory that produced aria's and westones and guitars for alot of the major brand names. Depending on the model, some were made with sandwiched maple and walnut bodies and some were neck through like the Alembic's and of decent quality. Most had maple necks and I'm pretty sure there weren't any made of plywood. They were copy guitars made during the copy period. If anyone is interested in selling their vantage, I'm looking for some of them and would be willing to evaluate and possibly purchase yours. Just shoot me an email and a picture if you have. Hope I could help answer some questions. Thanks.

Vantage Guitar

Came across an old post of yours. I've been playing a Vantage electric that looks like a strat with a 5 way switch for a few years that I picked up second hand. Its been a great guitar and has great tone. Are you still looking to buy them? I'm upgrading in July and will be looking to sell it. Please let me know if you would like pictures. It has no model or serial # on it and I don't know much more about it but I think its pretty old.

Many thanks,

Bryan

VantageB-20G-DT bridge assembly.Where can I get one?

facwere neck through like the Alembic's and of decent quality. Most had maple necks and I'm pretty sure there weren't any made of plywood. They were copy guitars made sellingbe willing to evaluate and possibly purchase yours. Just shoot me an email and a picture if you have. Hope I could help answer some questions. Thanks.

I also have a black vantage strat remake i may be plywood neck im not sure. I can't find ANY info on it either. You're not alone. If you find any info post it

: I also have a black orange vantage electric guitar,if you guys happen to know something about the origin of this guitar please post it.ty

: : I also have a black orange vantage electric guitar,if you guys happen to know something about the origin of this guitar please post it.ty

See the following site foir info on Japanese model Vantage guitars

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/serial_no.html

I have a vantage 600VS I have had since 1979 and it is defenitely not a plywood neck. I am looking for any info on mine I can find too. Let me know if anyone knows anything.

1979 Vantage Ghost (1964 Les Paul Copy)

:Im thinking of getting rid of my Ghost to buy other equiptment. Love the guitar I have played many a hours on this baby its in nice shape for being a 79 and I love playing it through my Marshall, this thing plays awesome and has low action looking to get 250 if ya know anyone looking for one.

Vantage ghost still available?

I'm interested!

Re: 1979 Vantage Ghost (1964 Les Paul Copy)

Still have the Ghost for sale?

The Ghost

I have what I think is a 1979 Ghost - It is all solid wood, heavy. It looks like a Gibson "the Paul" dark, mahogany. nice low action, good fret life, NICE hardware, hardshell case.
If you are still interested, I will send pics.

CB

Is the Ghost still for sale & can you send pics

Hi I've been looking for a Vantage ghost for a while, tracked a couple down but they were either gone or junk.

If it's still for sale I'd be interested.

Thanks Andy.

the Ghost is still for sale & yes I can you send pics

The Ghost is in good shape.
Give me a week or two though. There is a buzz when you plug into an amp, most likely a ground wire. I'm going to get it fixed up then I'll contact you and send pics...........Look for a message in this thread, or send an email to ccbackey@gmail.com.. Put Vantage Ghost in the title. I'll hit you back that way if you like.

: : I have a vantage guitar in my posession, 600VS, Any info from anyone who knows of any such guitar (as there isnt ANY info on the net or a mention of a vantage i can find) HELP!

here i have one too and i was looking for info and this is what i found out if you have any info please share w me...

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/vantage/vs/vs.html

Re: The Long lost Vantage guitar! VANTAGE VP795

: here i have one too and i was looking for info and this is what i found out if you have any info please share w me...I have VANTAGE VP795 serila num:011103.What year this guitar had made and what is the price of this guitar.
condition is very good all works

: http://www.matsumoku.org/models/vantage/vs/vs.html

Hey , I just found a Vantage Acoustic Guitar ( all natural finish) with this model # inside. VS-30. Excellent condition. Can you tell me what the value would be.

Vantages came from the Matsukmoto factory in japan from the late 70's till the early 80's. That was the same factory that produced aria's and westones and guitars for alot of the major brand names. Depending on the model, some were made with sandwiched maple and walnut bodies and some were neck through like the Alembic's and of decent quality. Most had maple necks and I'm pretty sure there weren't any made of plywood. They were copy guitars made during the copy period. If anyone is interested in selling their vantage, I'm looking for some of them and would be willing to evaluate and possibly purchase yours. Just shoot me an email and a picture if you have. Hope I could help answer some questions. Thanks.

Vantage red guitar w/ floyd rose copy bridge, active pickups

Vantage red guitar w/ floyd rose copy bridge, nut clamps, active pickups, bridge pickup is a humbucker, neck is two singles. Four selector switches. Serial# 1050221 (does this make it a '91? Too modern to be a '81). Is this Japanese Matsomuko-made Vantage or Korean built? How can I tell? It has good action and tone, but is clearly a copy of something better. Please let me know what you think, and what you would offer.

I have a Vantage Strat, I can`t find any information about it. That is a big problem because I want to sell it and I don`t know at what price. Please help me, my mail is cabegol_91@hotmail.com , there you can send me your comments, information or photo of a Vantage Strat.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.