Want Answers About a Vantage Guitar?

Advertisement
Posted by Doug on Thu, 06/09/05 - 04:56:12.

Vantage was a well made brand of guitars and basses built in Japan through the 80's by the Matsomuko factory (Aria Pro II, Westone, Etc)

The name was sold off and is now owned by Samick of Korea. They are no longer in the same class.

THE reource for information on Vantage and other Matsomuko brands is here: http://www.therathole.org/guitars/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Vantage VC 30 S

I have a Vantage VC 30 S which I cannot find any listing anywhere for
It is clearly labelled inside, with "Sound by Design" Vantage, Made in Japan
It is a very well finished classical guitar

Anyone got any idea of when it was made and value ?

It is mint

Many thanks

vantage acoustic guitar.

Hi, I have a vantage model #V5-50 made in Korea. I am sanding the top and would like know what kind of a finish was used on this guitar. If I can get some info on that it will be greatly appreciated. Tanxs....

old vantage guitars

Did the Vantage guitar company ever put guitars on the market without there logo on it?/ I have one that I picked up that is a replica of the sg that looks just like a vantage , headstock ,tuners, volume and tone knobs, all look like vantage material but no name on the headstock it is a set neck ,not a bolt on with no markings saying where it was made, however it has a killer sound , can anyone help me please ???

I've got the same exact

I've got the same exact guitar from your description. I bought it from the Pawnshop that I used to work at in the Seattle area. I'm no expert, but I did do some research online to find out what it was. It seems to be a Vantage "Ghost," from what I was able to find out. A good and much older friend of mine checked it out, played it and told me it was exactly like the Vantage he had when he was my "age." Again, not any facts, but laws of probability seem to suggest that the SG "replicas" we have are more than likely a Vantage "Ghost." At least 'till someone burst our bubbles.

Check under the tail piece/adjustable saddle

This is an update. Recently restrung my old vantage. I checked under the tail piece and adjustable saddle, and...BAM, made in Japan. Hope this helps.

guitar

I have a vantage guitar its bone white numbert e613116 i cant find anything about it was wondering what year

gry dla dzieci

[URL=http://zaza-free-online-games.en.softonic.com ]free games[/URL]

I need some Info on my Vantage Guitar

Found this guitar in a broken state, refurbished it but do not know much about it - cannot find any information online about it either. It bears a serial # that looks like the following: E627813, has three mini pick up toggle switches, 1 volume and 1 tone controls and three pickups; can anyone help?

vintage vantage value

want info on 2 vantage acoustic guitars bought ca 1982 and 1983.

VA1OLT 82070002

and VA1OLT 83100583.

looking for book value and information on quality versus other brands.

Vantage Avenger X-77T electric guitar

The serial number on this guitar is 03030561. According to what I read about Motsomuko company, etc, vantage guitars were being produced even during the early 60's. According several other guitar info sites, the serial number indicates the numbers are as follows: 03030561:
03: manufacturer code for that model
03: month it was made
05: day it was made
61: year it was made

Most X77's you find were factory with one humbucker w/coil tap switch, 1 volume, 1 tone, a front mounted output jack, and brass tremelo bridge hardware with high quality tuners, although made by vantage. The neck plate and the keys bear the Vantage "V" logo with the serial number stamped on the plate. Body style is somewhat similar to a PRS while the headstock shape closely resembles a Washburn strat copy. The tuners stay in tune well, the hardware and electronics seem good quality, neck is fantastic, great sustain produced by the highly sought after Motsomuko MMK-5 coil tapped humbucker. Great sound from a single pickup guitar. My question is: "Is this guitar in fact an original X77T Vantage Avenger made March 5th, 1961 and if so, how much is it worth?"

Vantage X77T

Correction to post:

Most you find had TWO humbuckers, each with separate volume and tone controls. That model is the X77. The single pickup models are the X77T.

vantage acoustic guitar model vs-35cem

Vantage acoustic guitar, model vs-35cem

Was this guitar made in Japan, korea or indoniesia ? Approximate value ? quality and year produced ?

Same boat!

Would love some information as well;

Vantage VS35CEM
Serial 95080008

Made in Korea

The pickup inside sounds like junk, but with fresh strings uugughhhhhh this thing kills other acoustics.

Re: Want Answers About a Vantage Guitar?

I have a vantage guitar thats a green colour that I couldnt find any picutes on the internet so I could find out the model name. It not a flying V but its not an invader but is similar can someone help plz thanks : Vantage was a well made brand of guitars and basses built in Japan through the 80's by the Matsomuko factory (Aria Pro II, Westone, Etc)

: The name was sold off and is now owned by Samick of Korea. They are no longer in the same class.

: THE reource for information on Vantage and other Matsomuko brands is here: http://www.therathole.org/guitars/

I have a 700vp ser#70707.original case.dark brown

Re: Want Answers About a Vantage telecaster copy Guitar?

vantage make a telecaster style guitar? if so...korean or japan?

Mike

I have a beautiful Vantage guitar but can not find any info on it. It is a quilt top with goldtone hardware. The style number is 828 GDT. Any info on this style?
Thanks, D

I own a Vantage AV-315 electric guitar, it has 1 Humbucker and 1 single coil pickup. The single coil does not appear to be working and I've been trying to repair the guitar. The problem appears to be coming from the 3-way switch; a large black, solid core wire is connected from the body of the switch and I have no idea where it is supposed to go. I currently have it grounded to the phase switch where the volume and tone knobs are grounded as well.

Could anyone provide any insight and/or blueprints?

Regards,

Jacob

I have a Vantage VC20 classic guitar.
Can anyone tell me more about this particular model ?

questions and comment

sorry, i cant help w yours. i cant find info on my own vantage acoustic w pickup. $325 about 15 yrs ago at a winnipeg pawn shop-new off the wall. i have played much more expensive axes and i can tell you, my friend, that this thing is insanely the best! korean, model vst-5osc5, ser 921000007. it spoke to me. first hands on it i did a e-maj. then just slid up to the same on the octave----perfect! i have never adjusted the truss rod in all these yrs. the only thing i have done is replace the saddle as the original was lost due to my own sloppiness while changing string and moving at the same time. this thin body is loud, great tone thru the picking positions, and is a freakin rock i construction. the only thin is, the pickup crapped out after only a couple of times of use. thats ok because i have stopped playing out and only use it at home now. friends-etc. i cannot give this guitar enough credit, as i have done finger and townshend workouts and it still sound better(in my humble opinion) as good as any expensive ( out-my-range) guitar that i have ever played in my 46 yrs of loving to play! this is the only one of its kind that i have ever seen, and wonder if anyone else has one? it is truly a beauty, and i wonder if anyone can help me find the guy - guys who made it so that i can give them kudos. it is deffenitly not a (friday) job. i only wish they could see how well thier efforts have been appreciatd! regrds, jimtempleton

:i have what could only be called a luitar.acoustic model eli5lt,serial#83010378.sticker on inside reads sound by design,

RatHole has moved: www.matsumoku.org

Oops - The Rathole Website has moved and is now: www.matsumoku.org

: Vantage was a well made brand of guitars and basses built in Japan through the 80's by the Matsomuko factory (Aria Pro II, Westone, Etc)

: The name was sold off and is now owned by Samick of Korea. They are no longer in the same class.

: THE reource for information on Vantage and other Matsomuko brands is here: http://www.therathole.org/guitars/

Regarding the questions about a variety of Vantages: If it isn't clearly labeled as Made in Japan, it is almost certainly made in Korea by Samick and is pretty much worth what any other low cost Korean guitar is worth.

i'm looking at a guitar locally. a well used one that bears the markings of matsu guitars from japan. it looks like a vantage vs 650, but it's a true neck thru not a bolt on. it has a label on the head of "ariang". no other markings, but this has been altered in a couple places. any other info would be great...

Vantage b-20G-DT bridge ass'ly; r they available ?what other options do I have? Thanks

: Regarding the questions about a variety of Vantages: If it isn't clearly labeled as Made in Japan, it is almost certainly made in Korea by Samick and is pretty much worth what any other low cost Korean guitar is worth.

I have a vantage acoustic guitar korean made
vs 70s
could you tell me anything about it?

: I have a vantage acoustic guitar korean made
: vsr-90ce-TBL
: could you tell me anything about it?

: I have a Vantage guitar (VW160)that has only been played a few times and is in excellent condition. What price should I put on it when I want to sell it?

I have an old vantage acuostic an would like to find out some about it eg age and where it was made . any information would be GREAT !!!
Model VW160
Serial 16475

Regards John

Want Answers About a Vantage Guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Want Answers About a Vantage Guitar?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.