Abel Axe

Posted by Bob Lynn on Sun, 12/09/01 - 12:44:33.

What happened to Abel Axe? Did they leave guitar production yet again? Really beautiful works of art. Thier web page doesn't even come up. thanks,

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Abel Axe

I just finished speaking with Jeff Abel, he informed me that there has been a Big demand for the Abel Axe guitars. Jeff has been Very Bussy with his other business but is producing the Abel Axe guitars on a very limited basis.

The guitars are all one off custom pieces. You get to choose the color, and the pick-ups. The necks are Warmouth, and they come with Sperzal tuning machines. Initially the bodies are the slotted style. All guitars come with a custom aluminum hardshell case. All guitars are serial numbered and autographed by Jeff Abel on the back of the head stock.

Each guitar from start to finish never leaves Jeff’s shop. He does it all from annodizing to the final tuning. For anyone who is interested in a custom Abel Axe Guitar, they are $5,000 ea. Due to demand; there is a 6-month waiting list.

If you have any questions, or if you would like to order, you can email us at abelaxets@charter.net. You can also contact Jeff at (406) 961-1283.

: What happened to Abel Axe? Did they leave guitar production yet again? Really beautiful works of art. Thier web page doesn't even come up. thanks,

Abel Axe tribute site

There's a tiny Abel Axe tribute site run here:
www.people.cornell.edu/pages/aa17/AbelAxe.htm

Abel axe is pretty much out of the guitar manufacturing business. They are making other products now. Your right they are works of art. I used to work for Abel Axe I have one of the original production models. I stamped the serial # into mine. its # 9405......94 was the first year made and 05 well the fifth guitar made.

Todd

: What happened to Abel Axe? Did they leave guitar production yet again? Really beautiful works of art. Thier web page doesn't even come up. thanks,

My cousin used to work for Abel Axe. Marty was a guitar tech. I recieved an Abel Axe from Marty that belonged to his father. An awesome guitar, and a family heir loom. I sent a picture into the tribute site a while back.

Need to find jeff Abel

WE are in the proccess of releasing MEGATTACK two through our EUROPIAN distrobuters, we sold over eight hundred thousands copies of the first album and feel the second should do well. My number is (801) 865-3212 TRAVIS HULTQUIST ACTING AGENT

hey Travis or Parrish

Hey it's Travis Parker, the intern at Barking Pig. I was messing around on the net and figured I'd look to see if i could find you guys on here. found a few things but no where to buy the album yet. hopefully the mastering went good and everyything's going as planned let me know! Travis Parker

yeah, it's certainly too bad about those Abel Axes not being made anymore, but the newer ones were way overpriced, and most of that cost appeared to be toward their complex color-anodization process.
I much prefer the original production model (round holes instead of longer slots), and my brother and I own 4 between us.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.