Re: Info on a late 70s Fender F55-12

Posted by Wayne on Fri, 07/09/10 - 23:47:28.

I have a Fender F55-12 that my dad passed down to me. It's still nearly brand new, except for a Fishman we added some years back.

Unfortunately there are no new good Fender acoustics anymore, so the old Japanese and American guitars seem to get a bit of attention these days.

Mine is a '77 model. You probably know this already, but if it helps, it is usually the first two numbers of the serial number that are the year the guitar was made, except for a few weird ones.

Easily the nicest guitar I have, and ever will have, even after all these years.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Fender f 55 12

I also have a Fender f55 12 1975 on the inside label. it has no serial number. Where was they built in 75. I have read that the early ones was supreme and built in Japan. This sounds amazing no electric's fitted , its as naked as the day it was made. I have strung it with lights and its tuned down a couple frets. Not a lot of strain showing on the top but I have owned it from new. Guitars are like babies they need love and care, Right temp and humid they pay you back. Guitar Site Aladdin's cave nice place to be . Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.