Re: Pan guitar

Advertisement
Posted by joe on Fri, 11/09/01 - 18:58:36.

: Does anyone out there have a 12-string Pan guitar. I have no info on pan guitars but I want some info.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Pan H490 acoustic guitar

I have a PAN H490 acoustic guitar and was wondering if anyone knew anything about this particular model or how much they go for or are worth. Mine was given to me by a distant relative who has since passed away and knowing him he probably picked it up at a garage sale, so I have no real background on my guitar. All I have been able to find out is that it is probably a copy of a Martin 00, but I have not been able to unearth any specifics. Any further information would be greatly appreciated!

I have a Pan acoustic guitar That I purchased in the late 70's. It's for sale.condeeg@yahoo.com
This guitar is like new

: : Does anyone out there have a 12-string Pan guitar. I have no info on pan guitars but I want some info.

Yes, I have a 1967 12 string Hollow body Pan Acoustic ,with a Hummingbird on the pick plate. Let me know more about it if you can. Thanks Ray 515-681-3451

: : Does anyone out there have a 12-string Pan guitar. I have no info on pan guitars but I want some info.

I have no info either except they are Japanese...I have a 12-string Pan with an extremely narrow neck and it actually sounds great but hard to finger-pick due to the narrow neck.

Pan Guitar Model # H490 Made in Japan

Can someone give me some info on this guitar?

I Have A Pan Guitar!!!

If anybody knows about the Pan guitars please e-mail me and I'll send a photo..or something

thanks

Michael Vlassoff

I've got 5 Aria Pan guitars. I was instantly hooked after my first one; which was GIVEN to me by a friend when I was on the street. These are AMAZING guitars!! 4 of these 5 are over 40yrs old and they play like a dream. I would never ever buy a new guitar. Old ones have that extra something. Anyway....unfortunately I have been searching for info on these guitars for years and have never really come up with anything useful. I have a 12string and a 6 string semi-acoustic hollow body, a medium size acoustic, and a les paul copy that are all vintage. the other is a new aria pro II which actually handles itself quite well except that it eats strings. I would love to talk to another enthusiast about these guitars!! icq: 123120799

I found some info

I found some info

This popular thread has been given its own page : I found some info

I have a six string hollowbody electric pan. it has two single coils,volume and tone knob and two switches in the pick guard. it also has a bender style tremelo and two F holes in the body.I am also looking for info on this brand.anybody know?

: : : Does anyone out there have a 12-string Pan guitar. I have no info on pan guitars but I want some info.
: I have a six string hollowbody electric pan. it has two single coils,volume and tone knob and two switches in the pick guard. it also has a bender style tremelo and two F holes in the body.I am also looking for info on this brand.anybody know?

I'm looking for info as well. The lead guitarist for our band brought a Les Paul copy made by Pan to our last rehearsal for me to look at as I'm our resident guitar tech. The guitar has apparently been refinished and a Tune-o-matic bridge was installed rather poorly. All the hardware except the bridge is well-worn goldplate. The back control cover has a sticker which reads "PAN Modified by ALEMBIC Distributed by L. D. Heater Music Company". I'm still researching. Email me if you want more info. It's a very playable guitar and is made better than most copies I've run across.

20 years ago I purchased a Pan hollow body bass guitar and still have it. No change have been made on it
but a refurbishing and an adjustement of the neck. I'd like to know it's possible value and if there are
auther ones around. Thanks!

I have a Pan Bass that is shaped like a violin including the curl at the top. Got it froma local music store around 1976. One of the machine heads was broken at the time and another broke shortly after. We used to tune it with vice-grips. I really would love to find another for parts or find some place that sells parts for these.

: 20 years ago I purchased a Pan hollow body bass guitar and still have it. No change have been made on it
: but a refurbishing and an adjustement of the neck. I'd like to know it's possible value and if there are
: auther ones around. Thanks!

I have a Pan semi-acoustic Bass that I also bought about 20-25 years ago. Sounds great and some other musician friends used to love to play it. I paid $50 for it from a friend who got it as a gift and didn't want it. I have no idea of a present day value and was curious as well. From what I read about Pan here I am not sure I would part with it anyway, sounds like a rare gem. I also have a Hagstrom guitar from the same era that I am researching as well.

http://cgi.ca.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1489525057&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1007071859&indexURL=0&rd=1

i've just bid on the above 'triny lopez custom' copy by pan, it looks great, hope it still lets good if i win the bid. if you go to www.harmony-central.com you will find a few user-reviews of pan guitars including an sg copy.

in my price range i had to choose between a new jay turser or an older guitar like a silvertone or pan, i may still go for the jay turser if someone bids over me.

do a google search for 'pan guitar' there are a small amount of useful links that pop-up.

bye,
mark

: : : : Does anyone out there have a 12-string Pan guitar. I have no info on pan guitars but I want some info.
: : I have a six string hollowbody electric pan. it has two single coils,volume and tone knob and two switches in the pick guard. it also has a bender style tremelo and two F holes in the body.I am also looking for info on this brand.anybody know?

: I'm looking for info as well. The lead guitarist for our band brought a Les Paul copy made by Pan to our last rehearsal for me to look at as I'm our resident guitar tech. The guitar has apparently been refinished and a Tune-o-matic bridge was installed rather poorly. All the hardware except the bridge is well-worn goldplate. The back control cover has a sticker which reads "PAN Modified by ALEMBIC Distributed by L. D. Heater Music Company". I'm still researching. Email me if you want more info. It's a very playable guitar and is made better than most copies I've run across.

Pan guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Pan guitar

i have a pan and iam selling it for $50.
its a pan-alembic. Just in california if its out of LA then its $70 for shipping included.

: http://cgi.ca.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1489525057&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1007071859&indexURL=0&rd=1

I just saw a Pan 12-sring for sale at Quest Musique this weekend. They are located in Winnipeg, Canada, 161 Provencher Blvd. 204-233-4151. It's in great shape.

: i've just bid on the above 'triny lopez custom' copy by pan, it looks great, hope it still lets good if i win the bid. if you go to www.harmony-central.com you will find a few user-reviews of pan guitars including an sg copy.

: in my price range i had to choose between a new jay turser or an older guitar like a silvertone or pan, i may still go for the jay turser if someone bids over me.

: do a google search for 'pan guitar' there are a small amount of useful links that pop-up.

: bye,
: mark

: : : : : Does anyone out there have a 12-string Pan guitar. I have no info on pan guitars but I want some info.
: : : I have a six string hollowbody electric pan. it has two single coils,volume and tone knob and two switches in the pick guard. it also has a bender style tremelo and two F holes in the body.I am also looking for info on this brand.anybody know?

: : I'm looking for info as well. The lead guitarist for our band brought a Les Paul copy made by Pan to our last rehearsal for me to look at as I'm our resident guitar tech. The guitar has apparently been refinished and a Tune-o-matic bridge was installed rather poorly. All the hardware except the bridge is well-worn goldplate. The back control cover has a sticker which reads "PAN Modified by ALEMBIC Distributed by L. D. Heater Music Company". I'm still researching. Email me if you want more info. It's a very playable guitar and is made better than most copies I've run across.

I've got that very guitar!

I have that exact guitar!! And it's a beauty. That one at ebay looks to be in even better condition than mine. And $125.00 is exactly what I paid for it, (CDN) I hope you get my friend. You'll love it. The only problem I had with it was the wiring in the knobs and switch.

I just bought an accoustic Pan that is a Gibson copy. I, too, am looking for info on this brand. Currently exploring the Google links.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.