Re: Arbor Electric guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Bill Holder on Tue, 05/21/02 - 08:18:21.

: : I have what appears to be an early 70's guitar in almost new condition that says ARBOR ELECTRIC on it. It is a Strat style with 2 humbuckers. It also has a Rock Lock tremelo and plays some really super nasty sounds. It has the original hardshell case and I cannot even find a listing for Arbor guitars. It is red and heavy as hell. Anyone have an idea about its value? Does Arbor still make guitars?******
: Check www.google.com, and looke for "arbor guitars" saw several pages that listed them- Located in Illinois.

A web search showed up the following two (plus this thread):

ARBOR GUITARS
Midco International
908 West Lafayette Ave.
Effingham, IL 62401
217) 342-9211

and

Arbor Guitars - 800-356-4326

I don't know if they're still in business, I just won an Arbor Stiletto Bass
really cheap on eBay, so I'm curious. It's kind of a Steinberger ripoff,
but for the price, it hardly matters.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have just purchsed from a boot sale a Hohner Arbor Series Guitar Les Paul style serial No. E718463 can any one give me any info on year of manufacture or any other info re this guitar

arbor electric guitar

i brought one in march 2012, made in 1989 and the serial no is e718476, plays ok as well

I play an arbor stiletto bass. I like the headless build and the tones are good for what I want. However, I too have tried researching to find out about other guitars made by the same company to no avail. It's really frustrating.

: : : I have what appears to be an early 70's guitar in almost new condition that says ARBOR ELECTRIC on it. It is a Strat style with 2 humbuckers. It also has a Rock Lock tremelo and plays some really super nasty sounds. It has the original hardshell case and I cannot even find a listing for Arbor guitars. It is red and heavy as hell. Anyone have an idea about its value? Does Arbor still make guitars?******
: : Check www.google.com, and looke for "arbor guitars" saw several pages that listed them- Located in Illinois.

: A web search showed up the following two (plus this thread):

: ARBOR GUITARS
: Midco International
: 908 West Lafayette Ave.
: Effingham, IL 62401
: 217) 342-9211

: and

: Arbor Guitars - 800-356-4326

: I don't know if they're still in business, I just won an Arbor Stiletto Bass
: really cheap on eBay, so I'm curious. It's kind of a Steinberger ripoff,
: but for the price, it hardly matters.

This is interesting to me, as about a year ago soon, I saw a really cool guitar at a record shop in downtown Orlando FL. I ended up buying it, it's black and says Arbor on the headstock, and I found out through some searching that the body style is called a Voyager. Has a really good tone, with two humbuckers, and mine has the rock lock assembly as well. Its very hard to find a picture of one that looks anywhere close to mine.

However, I was wondering if there were some way I could install a whammy bar into the rock lock thing, it looks like you could put one there.

It's amazing,I never thought that I'd find anybody else with a "Arbor" Electric Guitar but I have a "Tellie" knock off that Says: Arbor Electric Guitar" on the headstock. It';s nowhere as good as a real USA nade Fender but I paid next to nothing for it. I purchased it from The Former Drummer's Workshop from my late friend and one time employer "Mike Gerardi". It's all black with a maple neck. The machines were Korean by a firm called Ping. I used it on a few session untill it was supplanted by some Hollow Body Epiphones and a Strat. I was a good deal for $75.00. There was so much stuff coming into the states from many offshore makers who the week before operated a Rice Processing Plant. The neck feels very clumsey. The pots are cheap and scratchy from the get go. The neck pick-up is gutless but it was something when I was making $6.00 an hour. I still have it but it's pretty much just one of many import knockoffs. Okay but you'll be hard pressed to fall in love with it if one ever knew anything about guitars

: I play an arbor stiletto bass. I like the headless build and the tones are good for what I want. However, I too have tried researching to find out about other guitars made by the same company to no avail. It's really frustrating.

: : : : I have what appears to be an early 70's guitar in almost new condition that says ARBOR ELECTRIC on it. It is a Strat style with 2 humbuckers. It also has a Rock Lock tremelo and plays some really super nasty sounds. It has the original hardshell case and I cannot even find a listing for Arbor guitars. It is red and heavy as hell. Anyone have an idea about its value? Does Arbor still make guitars?******
: : : Check www.google.com, and looke for "arbor guitars" saw several pages that listed them- Located in Illinois.

: : A web search showed up the following two (plus this thread):

: : ARBOR GUITARS
: : Midco International
: : 908 West Lafayette Ave.
: : Effingham, IL 62401
: : 217) 342-9211

: : and

: : Arbor Guitars - 800-356-4326

: : I don't know if they're still in business, I just won an Arbor Stiletto Bass
: : really cheap on eBay, so I'm curious. It's kind of a Steinberger ripoff,
: : but for the price, it hardly matters.

Arbor Electric guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Arbor Electric guitar

I have a black flying V from Arbor. I have found out that the company has stopped making them and they are as old as 1985, possibly even older. Arbor was formerly a company called Hohner. Hohner is still in business but they make harmonicas. A search on them could be helpful. I couldn't get a price as they aren't made any more.

Yeah man i have this weird Dimebag Darrell shaped guitar and it says Arbor on the headstock, and my friend got it for $100 at Guitar Center, used.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.