kamouraska guitar

Posted by jan elgersma on Wed, 06/26/02 - 02:27:35.

I've been given a kamouraska guitar "Etude". This belonged to an individual that had a good collection of guitars but passed away one year ago. I mentioned classical guitar and she handed over the guitar her husband use to play. I thanked her much for the gift.
I would like to know the quality of this instrument. Is it beginners,or advanced??

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Acoustic Guitar

Does anybody know anything about acoustic Kamouraska Etude #18766 Guitar built in Canada in the 1980. He is asking
$300.00 US dollar for it. Is this a good price and please tell me more details about it.
Thanks.

Re: kamouraska guitar

I just had to relate my own tragic story. I had a Kamouraska "Etude" guitar. Actually, I still have pieces of it. This is one of the best guitars I've played or heard, considering the price. It's a wonderful guitar. The fact that it doesn't have a finish gives it a really warm, bright sound. It's really easy to play. Unfortunately, a friend of mine left it on his living room couch and another friend of ours, who was drunk, came by and sat on the thing and just busted it all up. It was really sad. I later went out and bought a La Patrie guitar, which supposedly replaced the Kamouraska line, but it just didn't match up. La Patrie is good, but strangely, it doesn't match the Kamouraska. If you have one of these Kamouraskas, hold onto it and give it a play, because I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Kamouraska Etude guitar

I've owned many guitars the last 20+ years and I often come back to this one.
It sounds terrific. Like it glows.
No reason to make beginner sound bad, sometimes a well-crafted instrument transcends its initial purpose/limitations.

: I've been given a kamouraska guitar "Etude". This belonged to an individual that had a good collection of guitars but passed away one year ago. I mentioned classical guitar and she handed over the guitar her husband use to play. I thanked her much for the gift.
: I would like to know the quality of this instrument. Is it beginners,or advanced??

Hey you guys out there in the either world. You can now get one of these guitars on goodwill online for $50. as I write.

Re Kamouraska guitar.

I have one I got garage sale that had a broken headstock from being dropped. That doesn't mean it wasn't built well, my daughter once dropped my Gibson and it broke in the same place. From what I know the factory was destroyed in 1980 and then they became Lapatrie. Lapatrie Quebec is the home of Godin, Seagull, Art luthier.... They make some decent stuff. I have bought an sold a few hundred guitars in my life. It's a hobbie. I fix them, play them for a whilke and resell them. This guitar has a solid cedar top, Laminated back and sides. Looks like maple, if it's not then I don't know what it is. The fretboard and bridge I like. Nice looking rosewood. It says handmade and it is. It's not a crudely made guitar but you can tell it wasn't mass produced. No finish which I don't really like. It sounds great and I don't own a a classical so I am keeping it. They're not worth alot of money but it's a well built guitar IMO.

: I've been given a kamouraska guitar "Etude". This belonged to an individual that had a good collection of guitars but passed away one year ago. I mentioned classical guitar and she handed over the guitar her husband use to play. I thanked her much for the gift.
: I would like to know the quality of this instrument. Is it beginners,or advanced??

i have the exact same guitar it's for beginners but still a very good instrument i own it since 1989 and the sound just get better as time goes

kamouraska is now called Lapatrie it's a brand of Robert Godin a quebec guitar manufacturer

: : I've been given a kamouraska guitar "Etude". This belonged to an individual that had a good collection of guitars but passed away one year ago. I mentioned classical guitar and she handed over the guitar her husband use to play. I thanked her much for the gift.
: : I would like to know the quality of this instrument. Is it beginners,or advanced??

: i have the exact same guitar it's for beginners but still a very good instrument i own it since 1989 and the sound just get better as time goes

: kamouraska is now called Lapatrie it's a brand of Robert Godin a quebec guitar manufacturer

I have a Kamauraska Concert

I have a Kamauraska Concert SE:12693 I bought new in the early 1980's. Is it worth much?

The actual value of the Kamouraska guitar...

These guitars are worth keeping. Forget the dollar value. I bought one long ago and will always keep this. I have had many collectible guitars. It is not a super finely crafted guitar or especially beautiful but it has a very beautiful sound. So I would counsel that you all just close your eyes, play it well and listen. Value: priceless.

BG

handmade classical guitar

I have a Kamouraska, Canada classical concert guitar that was handmade. Model number 154 P and serial number 20492. It is old but the sound is still beautiful. I would like to know how much it is worth.

: : : : I've been given a kamouraska guitar "Etude". This belonged to an individual that had a good collection of guitars but passed away one year ago. I mentioned classical guitar and she handed over the guitar her husband use to play. I thanked her much for the gift.
: : : : I would like to know the quality of this instrument. Is it beginners,or advanced??

: : : i have the exact same guitar it's for beginners but still a very good instrument i own it since 1989 and the sound just get better as time goes

: : : kamouraska is now called Lapatrie it's a brand of Robert Godin a quebec guitar manufacturer

::: I bought a Kamouraska model 456B, serial 18343, Concert model. It is a beautiful instrument, hand made and valued at $1000 + by a local luthier. I've searched Godin and other sites to try to get more infor on these instruments. I'd love to hear from someone who really has info on this guitar.

guitar

did you find out more about your guitar? i have Kamouraska hand made concert guitar # 13348 and would also like to find out more about it ... i doubt this one is worth what you have but any info. would be great ... Lynn

I have a Kamouraska etude guitar Number 14326. I would like to know more about it. Where it was made, how many were made, and what it is worth.

Thank You
Janice

My father passed away about 2 years ago...he was great at the guitar, and I just started learning how to play about 2 days ago...lol. He had a Kamouraska Etude guitar, and a Fender. They are mine now, and I am curious out the Kamouraska. It says that it was made in 1980 I believe. I searched it on yahoo, and this is the only match. The neck is broken, but how much would is it worth nowadays? It is made of wood, looks very plain, and I think you pretty much described it. Thanks in advance.

My wife was out walking today and came across a Kamouraska Etude guitar (with case) sitting beside a garbage can on the curb, other then needing new strings it looks bran new.
I'm wondering if you received any information on the guitar since you posted 5 years ago.
Thanks Dan

I also had a Kamouraska guitar about ten years ago. It also had a broken neck. I replaced the neck myself and sold it for about two hundred dollars.

Hi,
I have a Kamourask guitar. I'm presently selling mine because I'm a poor artist. It will break my heart but that's the breaks. It was hand made in Quebec, Canada. Mine is approx. 2 yrs old, in a beautiful no lacquered plain matt finish. It has a gorgeous sound with steel and nylon strings. I hope this is a help to you.

: My father passed away about 2 years ago...he was great at the guitar, and I just started learning how to play about 2 days ago...lol. He had a Kamouraska Etude guitar, and a Fender. They are mine now, and I am curious out the Kamouraska. It says that it was made in 1980 I believe. I searched it on yahoo, and this is the only match. The neck is broken, but how much would is it worth nowadays? It is made of wood, looks very plain, and I think you pretty much described it. Thanks in advance.

Your guitar was made by the Butcher Brothers in Lapatrie Qubec. It was the predessor of the Godin line of Lapatrie guitars.....just a much finer version. The Butcher's guitar factory burned down in 81 and they did not have the financing to rebuild so entered Robert Godin who purchased the remains of the company and then started Godin Guitars Seagull Norman Simon Patrick and Lapatrie. It is fortunate that he took over rather then allowing Martin to take over. Martin has a history of destroying quality guitar lines that they do not want to compete with as they did when they acquired Goya guitars from Levine and moved them from their manufacturing base in sweden to korea just about destroying a small community in Sweden. If you can ever get your hands on an early swedish made goya you have a guitar as fine as anything Martin makes. Just as a seagull gives Martin a run for it's money.

At any rate your kamouraska is a fine and very historic guitar.

I purchased a Kamouraska Etude guitar (#11015) also plain solid wood in 1981 for about $150 Canadian in Waterloo, Ontario. My guitar teacher at the time encouraged me to buy it. It was made in Quebec I think. Don't know much else. sorry.

: My father passed away about 2 years ago...he was great at the guitar, and I just started learning how to play about 2 days ago...lol. He had a Kamouraska Etude guitar, and a Fender. They are mine now, and I am curious out the Kamouraska. It says that it was made in 1980 I believe. I searched it on yahoo, and this is the only match. The neck is broken, but how much would is it worth nowadays? It is made of wood, looks very plain, and I think you pretty much described it. Thanks in advance.

I have a kamouraska guitar that was given to me in 1996.
I would like to know how much it is worth today. It is an etude13814. at the guitar, and I just started learning how to play about 2 days ago...lol. He had a Kamouraska Etude guitar, and a Fender. They are mine now, and I am curious out the Kamouraska. It says that it was made in 1980 I believe. I searched it on yahoo, and this is the only match. The neck is broken, but how much would is it worth nowadays? It is made of wood, looks very plain, and I think you pretty much described it. Thanks in advance.

This is a good student model guitar. At the time a good guitar and a reasonable price. I purchased a Collection III It is a hand built guitar by Claude Bouchert under the Kamouraska name; These guitars were built in Qubec Canada.

I purchased a Canadian Kamouraska classical concert guitar new over 10 years ago at a guitar store in NJ. It was brand new then, and sold for about $400. It's a nice guitar, but I'm sure the value has only depreciated.

Found it interesting learning a bit more about the Kamouraska guitar as I have one too. I rec'd it as a gift when I lived in Canada 20+ yrs ago and have not used it much. Would like to sell it but have no idea what it is worth. I did have to have the face replaced as it was damaged in shipping as a brand new guitar! But it looks perfect. How can I find out the value of this guitar? It is an Etude Major. Any suggestions appreciated. :-)

The Kamouraska guitar was made originally by Unisonic founded by Robert Godin & Claude Boucher son of
Normand Boucher who is the founder of Norman guitars
Kamouraska is most likely a design of Claude. It is the ancestor of the La Patrie line.
After Unisonic went down, it restarted as Lasido/Guitabec owned by Robert Godin
the name was changed afterwards to La Patrie
Quite good beginner/intermediate guitar or good beater to bring outside
Nice bolt on neck with truss rod.
Dan

This is probably a nice beginners guitar. Kamouraska guitars are similar to the La Patrie line made by Lasido in La Patrie, Quebec. The Etude in the La Patrie line is a basic model with a matte finish with a solid cedar top and mahagony back and sides. All of these guitars have a repeated butterfly pattern around the soundhole. Does this sound like what you have?

: : I've been given a kamouraska guitar "Etude". This belonged to an individual that had a good collection of guitars but passed away one year ago. I mentioned classical guitar and she handed over the guitar her husband use to play. I thanked her much for the gift.
: : I would like to know the quality of this instrument. Is it beginners,or advanced??

: This is probably a nice beginners guitar. Kamouraska guitars are similar to the La Patrie line made by Lasido in La Patrie, Quebec. The Etude in the La Patrie line is a basic model with a matte finish with a solid cedar top and mahagony back and sides. All of these guitars have a repeated butterfly pattern around the soundhole. Does this sound like what you have?

I have just received a Kamouraska Concert 1 classical guitar does any body know about these? Please advise.

: : : I've been given a kamouraska guitar "Etude". This belonged to an individual that had a good collection of guitars but passed away one year ago. I mentioned classical guitar and she handed over the guitar her husband use to play. I thanked her much for the gift.
: : : I would like to know the quality of this instrument. Is it beginners,or advanced??

: : This is probably a nice beginners guitar. Kamouraska guitars are similar to the La Patrie line made by Lasido in La Patrie, Quebec. The Etude in the La Patrie line is a basic model with a matte finish with a solid cedar top and mahagony back and sides. All of these guitars have a repeated butterfly pattern around the soundhole. Does this sound like what you have?

: I have just received a Kamouraska Concert 1 classical guitar does any body know about these? Please advise.

.pdf brochure

I know this forum conversation is old, hope someone reads it. I would love to get that pdf file, as I have just picked up a Kamouraska Etude and would like some information on it.

cheers

rick in canada
788a@mymts.net

I have a brochure of the guitars now in PDF format for those who want an example
Regards

Ricky Morelli
Gävle,Sweden
: : : : I've been given a kamouraska guitar "Etude". This belonged to an individual that had a good collection of guitars but passed away one year ago. I mentioned classical guitar and she handed over the guitar her husband use to play. I thanked her much for the gift.
: : : : I would like to know the quality of this instrument. Is it beginners,or advanced??

: : : This is probably a nice beginners guitar. Kamouraska guitars are similar to the La Patrie line made by Lasido in La Patrie, Quebec. The Etude in the La Patrie line is a basic model with a matte finish with a solid cedar top and mahagony back and sides. All of these guitars have a repeated butterfly pattern around the soundhole. Does this sound like what you have?

: : I have just received a Kamouraska Concert 1 classical guitar does any body know about these? Please advise.

M. Morelli

I'd like to see the PDF of the Kamouraska guitars.

beauparrain @ hotmail.com

Thanks.

Wow, where did you find that? I'd love to see a copy of it!

William_Wilson at shaw dot ca

Thanks in advance!
Will

: I have a brochure of the guitars now in PDF format for those who want an example
: Regards

: Ricky Morelli
: Gävle,Sweden
: : : : : I've been given a kamouraska guitar "Etude". This belonged to an individual that had a good collection of guitars but passed away one year ago. I mentioned classical guitar and she handed over the guitar her husband use to play. I thanked her much for the gift.
: : : : : I would like to know the quality of this instrument. Is it beginners,or advanced??

: : : : This is probably a nice beginners guitar. Kamouraska guitars are similar to the La Patrie line made by Lasido in La Patrie, Quebec. The Etude in the La Patrie line is a basic model with a matte finish with a solid cedar top and mahagony back and sides. All of these guitars have a repeated butterfly pattern around the soundhole. Does this sound like what you have?

: : : I have just received a Kamouraska Concert 1 classical guitar does any body know about these? Please advise.

: This is probably a nice beginners guitar. Kamouraska guitars are similar to the La Patrie line made by Lasido in La Patrie, Quebec. The Etude in the La Patrie line is a basic model with a matte finish with a solid cedar top and mahagony back and sides. All of these guitars have a repeated butterfly pattern around the soundhole. Does this sound like what you have?

i also came across one of these guitars and am curious about the history and value. any info would be helpful. i got mine real cheap from someone who had it in the attic and just wanted to get rid of it

interestingly enough, i recently recieved the kamouraska Etude as a gift as well, and was looking up some kind of history on it online, i found this page first. you've described it exactly, thank you. a beginners guitar for a true beginner.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.