Re: guitar

Posted by Dantheguit on Sun, 09/15/02 - 07:28:18.

: Lys were all hand made and each has a dirrent sound. WHen I bought mine in 1980, I went to a distributor and play about 10 of them before I found the one I liked. THey all play differently and look different... AND their sound mellows with age... Of course that is dependent upon how it was cared for also....
Originally, Lys were made in LaPatrie by Unisonic Inc (Pres. Robert Godin) after the relation with Norman broke off, Norman Inc was then run by the founder of Norman enrg., M. Normand Boucher. M. Godin was knownrd to be the first road rep for Norman. trade marks for Ly were registered in 1980. Strangely the one i've seen are not bolt on neck but dovetail.
Seems like Norman were based on Martin body, Lys were based on Gibson J-45 body. Then Lasido-Guitabec (also Robert Godin) took over Unisonic, redesign Lys to become the Seagull line.
I have a Lys L2, I can share pictures, can anyone send some?
Thanks
Dan

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: guitar

<span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">: : Lys were all hand made and each has a dirrent sound.</span> :: Lys ont toutes été faites à la main et chacun a une bonne dirrent.</span> <span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">WHen I bought mine in 1980, I went to a distributor and play about 10 of them before I found the one I liked.</span> Quand j'ai acheté le mien en 1980, je suis allé à un distributeur et de jouer environ 10 d'entre eux avant de trouver celle que j'ai aimé.</span> <span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">THey all play differently and look different...</span> Ils jouent tous différemment, et un aspect différent ...</span> <span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">AND their sound mellows with age...</span> Et leur son s'adoucit avec l'âge ...</span> <span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">Of course that is dependent upon how it was cared for also.... : Originally, Lys were made in LaPatrie by Unisonic Inc (Pres. Robert Godin) after the relation with Norman broke off, Norman Inc was then run by the founder of Norman enrg., M. Normand Boucher.</span> Bien sûr, qui dépend de la façon dont il a été également pris en charge ....: A l'origine, Lys ont été faites dans LaPatrie par Unisonic Inc (Pres. Robert Godin) après la relation avec Norman rompu, Inc Norman a ensuite été dirigée par le fondateur de Norman Enrg., M. Normand Boucher.</span> <span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">M. Godin was knownrd to be the first road rep for Norman.</span> M. Godin a été knownrd d'être le premier représentant de la route Norman.</span> <span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">trade marks for Ly were registered in 1980.</span> marques pour des Ly ont été enregistrés en 1980.</span> <span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">Strangely the one i've seen are not bolt on neck but dovetail. : Seems like Norman were based on Martin body, Lys were based on Gibson J-45 body.</span> D'une étrange que j'ai vu ne sont pas boulon sur le cou, mais queue d'aronde.: On dirait que Norman étaient fondées sur Martin corps, Lys étaient fondées sur Gibson J-45 corps.</span> <span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">Then Lasido-Guitabec (also Robert Godin) took over Unisonic, redesign Lys to become the Seagull line. : I have a Lys L2, I can share pictures, can anyone send some? : Thanks : Dan</span> Puis Lasido-Guitabec (également Robert Godin) a pris Unisonic, Lys refonte de devenir le Seagull ligne.: J'ai un Lys L2, je peux partager des photos, n'importe qui peut envoyer de l'?: Merci: Dan</span>

Re: guitar Lys L5 1964 solid maple, spruce top

: : Lys were all hand made and each has a dirrent sound. WHen I bought mine in 1980, I went to a distributor and play about 10 of them before I found the one I liked. THey all play differently and look different... AND their sound mellows with age... Of course that is dependent upon how it was cared for also....
: Originally, Lys were made in LaPatrie by Unisonic Inc (Pres. Robert Godin) after the relation with Norman broke off, Norman Inc was then run by the founder of Norman enrg., M. Normand Boucher. M. Godin was knownrd to be the first road rep for Norman. trade marks for Ly were registered in 1980. Strangely the one i've seen are not bolt on neck but dovetail.
: Seems like Norman were based on Martin body, Lys were based on Gibson J-45 body. Then Lasido-Guitabec (also Robert Godin) took over Unisonic, redesign Lys to become the Seagull line.
: I have a Lys L2, I can share pictures, can anyone send some?
: Thanks
: Dan

Re: guitar Lys L5 1964 solid maple, spruce top

:
: : Originally, Lys were made in LaPatrie by Unisonic Inc (Pres. Robert Godin) after the relation with Norman broke off, Norman Inc was then run by the founder of Norman enrg., M. Normand Boucher. M. Godin was knownrd to be the first road rep for Norman. trade marks for Ly were registered in 1980. Strangely the one i've seen are not bolt on neck but dovetail.
: : Seems like Norman were based on Martin body, Lys were based on Gibson J-45 body. Then Lasido-Guitabec (also Robert Godin) took over Unisonic, redesign Lys to become the Seagull line.
: : I have a Lys L2, I can share pictures, can anyone send some?
: : Thanks
: : Dan
We recently had a flood in our basement and our L2-serial # 1630 was damaged. The info on site is good but does anyone have an idea what this guitar might be worth in todays market.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.