Re: Takamine F390 MS

Advertisement
Posted by J M on Sun, 10/13/02 - 22:02:22.

Did a little research and... - Correction: Mine is a 1978 model, and apparently they are worth twice as much as you might think due to their rarity. Also they have the distinctive logo that looks like Guild's. Absolutely nothing on the web that I can find about them. All I know is that mine is one of the most incredible sounding and playing guitars ever. The aging helps, of course, and I've heard the late 70's were the best for Takamine. I've heard of a 12 string model going for $800. I would never sell mine as nothing I know of sounds or plays better for under $1500. I tried out vintage Guilds and Gibsons at the same time prepared to spend up to $1500 and NONE were like this.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Where to sell my 1978 Takamine maple jumbo F-390MS guitar?

1978 vintageTakamine .Single Owner,6 string Jumbo size guitar- mainly used to teach beginner lessons. 21 frets. Rosewood fret bar with mother of pearl inlays in fret bars. Gold plated machine heads 17-1 ratio. Great action, smooth. Was outfitted with custom pick up by a professional guitar maker in New Orleans in the 80's. ( so it's acoustic/ electric fitted at end pin)Maple wood body, hollow with excellent fanning inside. Original case , both in great condition. Rare find. Need direction on how and where to sell this piece. Have original Takamine leather embossed strap, brass capo and 440 pitch tuner. Can send pictures, supreme sound.

takamine f390

Im interested in buying. Let me know what you are asking @ tuscolarealty@yahoo.com

Re: Takamine F390 MS

I have a 1977 F390 MS. It is a great playing guitar. Bought it in the mid eighties for $300 at the Starving Musician in Santa Clara, CA. Just had it tuned up. Love it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.