Takamine & Co. Acoustic F-455S

Advertisement
Posted by Larry Tiller on Thu, 01/02/03 - 15:22:53.

I have a Takamine&Co. acoustic guitar that I no nothing about. It says Takamine & Co. on the head. The head, body, and neck has abolone (sp?) inlay on it. It is in perfect condition. On the inside, it says Takamine $ Co. EST 1962. F-455S. The serial number is 78023075 and the Date on the inside is Feb 14 1978. Valentines Day, heh. Anyway, If anyone could tell me anything about it, I would appreciate it. Price, availability, is it rare, etc. Thanks a lot.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1962 takamine f 365 s

I've spent quite a bit of time looking for inf on may 1962 takamine f-365 s. I bought it in 1972. I've used it mostly in church, it's beautiful, and I love the way it sounds. I would like to know anything you can tell me about it : price, history...

Takamine f455s

Well I found out some info on that Takamine guitar the last we heard was that their were 24 of them made and shipped to the US. The most recent one sold was in 2007 and it was for $2,025! and thats US dollars IDK. I found one too its a f455s series and im trying to look up as much as possible on it but its such a rare jewl. Let me know if u find n e thing else out.

Takamine F455 F456

I also have an F455 and I also bought from the same guy an F456 twelve string, so I have both models with the Vine or Tree of life. But if you look at Stuart Mossman on Wikipedia you will see he made some guitars called the golden era. The Taka. 455 and 456 are exact replicas of it. I also wrote Takamine about the production of these guitars. They tell me they didn't really keep track, and so how a production number of 24 is to me suspicious. They are very rare and I like mine a lot, in fact when I found another 455 I bought it, and coincidentally it was made on the same day my other 455 was. If you check out Guitar Museum under Takamine f452 you will find one post where an individual who collects guitars sold a basically unplayed one last year for $5000. Can't verify this but it is on the sight.

Takamine F455 F456

I also have an F455 and I also bought from the same guy an F456 twelve string, so I have both models with the Vine or Tree of life. But if you look at Stuart Mossman on Wikipedia you will see he made some guitars called the golden era. The Taka. 455 and 456 are exact replicas of it. I also wrote Takamine about the production of these guitars. They tell me they didn't really keep track, and so how a production number of 24 is to me suspicious. They are very rare and I like mine a lot, in fact when I found another 455 I bought it, and coincidentally it was made on the same day my other 455 was. If you check out Guitar Museum under Takamine f452 you will find one post where an individual who collects guitars sold a basically unplayed one last year for $5000. Can't verify this but it is on the sight.

Re: Takamine & Co. Acoustic EG330

: I have a Takamine&Co. acoustic guitar that I no nothing about. It says Takamine & Co. on the head. The head, body, and neck has abolone (sp?) inlay on it. It is in perfect condition. On the inside, it says Takamine $ Co. EST 1962. The serial number is EG 330and the . Valentines Day, heh. Anyway, If anyone could tell me anything about it, I would appreciate it. Price, availability, is it rare, etc. Thanks a lot.

Re: Takamine & Co. Acoustic F-455S

: I have a Takamine&Co. acoustic guitar that I no nothing about. It says Takamine & Co. on the head. The head, body, and neck has abolone (sp?) inlay on it. It is in perfect condition. On the inside, it says Takamine $ Co. EST 1962. F-455S. The serial number is 78023075 and the Date on the inside is Feb 14 1978. Valentines Day, heh. Anyway, If anyone could tell me anything about it, I would appreciate it. Price, availability, is it rare, etc. Thanks a lot.

In response to your Takamine question, I have a 1979 EF455S. I am not sure of the difference between an EF and an F455S. Takamine & Co. on the headstock with abaloney ivy inlay on the fretboard. I contacted Takamine after finding this one about two years ago. They responded by telling me I found the Holy Grail of Takamine guitars. Only Twenty Four were shipped to the USA in 1979. Rosewood back and fretboard, Sitka Spruce top. These were built prior to the Martin & Co. law suite over the similarities in Takamine's logo. In 1979 the suggested retail price was $1,350.00 US dollars. I have no idea of current value.

Good luck and good playing

Takamine & Co. Acoustic F-455S

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Takamine & Co. Acoustic F-455S

I also have one of these guitars, I purchased it new in 1979. I have kept it like a baby all of these years and now it sounds like no other. I also had a D-28 Martin and I feel the tak is a better guitar.

: : I have a Takamine&Co. acoustic guitar that I no nothing about. It says Takamine & Co. on the head. The head, body, and neck has abolone (sp?) inlay on it. It is in perfect condition. On the inside, it says Takamine $ Co. EST 1962. F-455S. The serial number is 78023075 and the Date on the inside is Feb 14 1978. Valentines Day, heh. Anyway, If anyone could tell me anything about it, I would appreciate it. Price, availability, is it rare, etc. Thanks a lot.

I too have the same guitar and are trying to find any info. Could you please contact me if you find out any details please

: : : I have a Takamine&Co. acoustic guitar that I no nothing about. It says Takamine & Co. on the head. The head, body, and neck has abolone (sp?) inlay on it. It is in perfect condition. On the inside, it says Takamine $ Co. EST 1962. F-455S. The serial number is 78023075 and the Date on the inside is Feb 14 1978. Valentines Day, heh. Anyway, If anyone could tell me anything about it, I would appreciate it. Price, availability, is it rare, etc. Thanks a lot.

I have one to, I have been trying to find info about it but I have not found any yet. let me know if you have info .
thanks!!

Re: Takamine & Co. Acoustic F-4005

:Anyone have any info on my acoustic Takamine 12 string F-4005. On head it says EST 1962. I bought it about 1978 or couple years later. It is in good condition. I used it for singing in retirement homes. I am no longer able to play and would like to sell it. Comes with lined sturdy case. Please email any info would be appreciated. I find no dates or serial numbers on it.

:

hi you can email me and we can chat if you have not found anything on you f455s thanks bill

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.