terada guitars

Advertisement
Posted by Martin on Tue, 03/18/03 - 14:49:12.

Can anyone suggest a website where I can get information on terada guitars? This company manufactured the only Martin guitar ever made outside of the united states and were a Japanese company. I have two models, one a T18 and the other a parlour steel strung guitar.
Thanks for any hints.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Terada Classic Guitar Gu 2530

Hello, I picked up a Terada Classic Guitar serial no. G u 2530 at a garage sale for $3.00 Au.
I picked it up thinking this looks cheap and nasty --- played a few notes on it and was awestruck.
I have been playing guitar since 1962 (its all the Beatles & Stones fault, although Duanne Eddy & Ricky Nelson have a share.) err also Senor Segovia, Manuel da Plata, Julian Bream et al.

This is one of the few guitars I have tried that needed to be saved. What a genuine beautiful tone it has. I have had a few classic's over the years and this beats them all for clarity & again tonal projection - soft to loud and in between.

It must be early 60s - 70s. The fretboard is rosewood and does its job but is in need of replacement.

The timber is or appears to be nothing special just veneer. But the top is quite thin. and the bracing is copycat Spanish.

This guitar can be very sonorous and clear and loud ( i've already said it.)

If I had to value it I would put large figure on it - this is, or seems to be a rare guitar and although it appears nondescript
it is one of those guitars that immediately speaks and if you play guitar at all well you will know exactly what I mean.
Walk into any guitar shop and you could be there for hours trying to find one that has that elusive quality - it is getting tougher these days to find one.

Terada guitar

I have since 1988, one Terada Japanese made electric guitar.
I don't know how that instrument came to Chile (South america), where I live.
The guitar has no info about model. I can't find info on the web about Terada "electric" guitars.
Many people, and many musicians tell me I have a special vintage kind of guitar.
I don't want to sell it, but I want to know what kind of instrument I have.

Sorry about my english, I speak and write spanish, that's my language.
thank you for any help...

bye.

terada guitar model F W 74

I cannot find a thing on this model. Is there any one know anything about this guitar?

FW 74

I have the FW 74 as well. Had it for years now. Sounds great, good tone and action. No clue what I paid for it or what it is worth these days.

FW-74

I have one of these as well , Love the guitar. Would like more info too. Some kind of Martin copy I guess.

Re: terada guitars

Any know about the terada no c 308? I just got 1-can't find info.

Yes, its a rare surviving model -i have one ! its Flamenco Blanka style and not classical,made from cypress,and i consider it to be of superior quality to other far more expensive guitars that i have. This guitar has slipped well under the radar of Flamenco players and in my opinion a superb classic.

Terada C 307 n

Hi.
I have been given a badly damaged Terada C307n, but cannot find any information about it.
The worst part of the damage is the sound board. More than half the sound board has come away from the sides.
Could you tell me anything about this model.
Is it worth fixing?
Thankyou.
Kind Regards.
Kriston

: Can anyone suggest a website where I can get information on terada guitars? This company manufactured the only Martin guitar ever made outside of the united states and were a Japanese company. I have two models, one a T18 and the other a parlour steel strung guitar.
: Thanks for any hints.

Go to gretsch/terada guitars. Nagoya Japan

Terada TW910

I have an almost mint TW910 Terada. My brother made me buy it when he discovered I played the harp almost 40 years ago. It does look a lot like a Martin and sounds pretty good. I use a medium string and remember my brother everytime I look at it.

It sits on a guitar stand 2 feet from were I watch TV. Always within reach and played often.

Thanks for the info about the Terada Site.

: Can anyone suggest a website where I can get information on terada guitars? This company manufactured the only Martin guitar ever made outside of the united states and were a Japanese company. I have two models, one a T18 and the other a parlour steel strung guitar.
: Thanks for any hints.
GO TO TERADA GUITAR GRETSCH/TERADA and e-mail them

I have a JCW-1 VS 6string cutaway - Jagard.. really sweet. anyone got any info on this one?

See more info at: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rosevdh/t/terada.htm

Regards,
Rose

I have a Teraday accoustic T760 and I am also looking for any information regarding this guitar. I happened to find it in someones trash and after putting some strings on it I was surprised at how well it sounded.

terada guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: terada guitars

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.