Takamine f379

Posted by Brad Hagen on Tue, 09/16/03 - 17:49:35.

I bought my Takamine f379 new in 1984. It features Hawaiin Koa wood on all sides including the neck and Martin style headboard. Anyone have info on the value of this guitar?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

F-379

My older brother bought one with the Hawaiian Koa wood in 1982 , paid $400 back then.
I just bought it back from a third party last night ( 30 years later)and paid $450.
The case is still good and the guitar is mint.

Re: Takamine f379 bought in 1983

: I bought my Takamine f379 new in 1984. It features Hawaiin Koa wood on all sides including the neck and Martin style headboard. Anyone have info on the value of this guitar?

Re: Takamine f379

I am considering purchasing one of these. Is it all solid wood, I presume? Thanks!

: I am considering purchasing one of these. Is it all solid wood, I presume? Thanks!

Yes it is all solid Koa - sides and back.I have one now amd am concidering selling it for a fair price. I suffered a stroke in 2004 which incapacitated my left hand.This guitar is in mint condition. No one but the craftsmen and myself have ever played or laid a hand on it. It has the origional hard shell case(Yellow plush lined)They call it a "lawsuit model"To me it resembles a martin D-35 Dreadnaught. I've been keeping an eye on ebay anD nothingh like it has ever been offered.I bought it in Hawaii while stationed at Barbers Point.Guitar is located in Dana Point, CA
Remember - I am concidering this sale

has the origional hard shell case

EF 379

I have a 70's Takamine EF-379 in great shape. Any idea what it's worth...Hawaiian Koa all around.

: I bought my Takamine f379 new in 1984. It features Hawaiin Koa wood on all sides including the neck and Martin style headboard. Anyone have info on the value of this guitar?

I bought mine new in 1981....still have it in nearly mint condition....I paid $250 w/o case at that time - am looking for the same info

12/30/2005

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.