Takamine EF-375S

Posted by sam on Fri, 12/10/04 - 17:22:32.

I bought this guitar about 26 years ago and I can't find out any info on this guitar. It sounds great but is it worth anything?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

re: Takamine EF-375S

I've had a 1977 Takamine F-375S (non electronic so no E) since 1983ish, which has an aftermarket Martin thinline pickup installed.
My research on the web indicates that this guitar can sell anywhere from 600 to 1400 USD$ today depending who is selling. Those selling it for the lower end often don't seem to know much about the guitar. Those selling it at the top end are well versed in vintage instruments.
How much would mine sell for? I don't know because it's the only guitar that I would have a very hard time even thinking to part with as we've played together for nearly years now.

re: Takamine EF-375S

I've had a 1977 Takamine F-375S (non electronic so no E) since 1983ish, which has an aftermarket Martin thinline pickup installed.
My research on the web indicates that this guitar can sell anywhere from 600 to 1400 USD$ today depending who is selling. Those selling it for the lower end often don't seem to know much about the guitar. Those selling it at the top end are well versed in vintage instruments.
How much would mine sell for? I don't know because it's the only guitar that I would have a very hard time even thinking to part with as we've played together for nearly years now.

Re: Takamine EF-375S

: I bought this guitar about 26 years ago and I can't find out any info on this guitar. It sounds great but is it worth anything?

Hello,
I also have a EF-375S and yes! If there in good condition, They are worth the value of a Martin D28 or more pending on the ear and desire of the buyer. The ones with the split triangular rosewood backs with the diamond head stock are one of the rarest Takamines there is. The one I have is #100 of the line once owned by the famous blue grass singer Ralph Stanley and then was owned by a Indianapolis man that had a late night tv show on the weekends that showed Horror movies and he went by the TV name of Sammy Terry. My late uncle was a big gun dealer in Indianapolis and also a big Martin collector. When he died, My Aunt had us come over to sort and organize things and we went into on big room that we finally counted 572 Matin guitars and the Takamine that I presently own. My aunt was kind enough to let me have this beautiful Takamine EF-375S with all of its documentations of owners and history. These are Great guitars and would rate it against a Martin anyday. And to the Martin owners.....No offence, You have great guitars.
To answer your question Steve... I wouldnt sell mine for even 5000.00.
Thanks.

: I bought this guitar about 26 years ago and I can't find out any info on this guitar. It sounds great but is it worth anything?

Oops, sorry about that. If you actually get this message then yes I think it is worth alot. I have one that my dad got back in the 70's. I thought I was almost the only person in the world who had one. He said he paid a lot for it back then. And it's been discontinued for a while. So it's probably worth a lot.

: I have a 79 model TK F375S. tri-split-back Proficient players are amazed at sound and ease of play. Local guitar shop indicates worth about 2500.00 (of course they won't give me that)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.