TAKAMINE F390S

Posted by RANDAL BROWN on Sun, 06/26/05 - 09:53:07.

DOES ANYONE OUT KNOW THE VALUE OF A TAKAMINE F390S? I HAVE ONE OF THESE THAT I BOUGHT 20+ YEARS AGO, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S WORTH TODAY. THIS IS A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM. THE TAKAMINE WEB SIGHT JUST HAS THEM LISTED IN THEIR ARCHIVES. I BELIEVE THIS WAS A GUILD GUITAR COPY.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

http://www.takamine.com/F390S

I have a 1972 F390s email me if someone interested.W8

Takamine F390S for sale

Hi, I've got an F390S that I want to sell to make room in my house for some other guitars. It's got a few scratches and dings as you'd expect on a 1970's guitar, but sounds and plays beautifully. If you're interested please send me a message. Thanks

F390s

Saw a reply you posted on guitarsite. I might be interested in your F390s, how much are you looking to get for it?

Takemine f390s

I have a 1971 f390s in perfect original condition with a gretsch hard case for sale. contact me for more info.

F390S

I might be interested in your F390s, how much are you looking to get for it?

Re: TAKAMINE F390S

: I bought an F390S in the late 1970s (I think) for about $350. My brother owns it now and refuses to sell it back to me. You are correct about it being a copy of a Guild jumbo acoustic guitar, but I don't know the model number. The Takamine has a beautiful, deep tone. The workmanship is beautiful as well. There were so few F390s's sold and I never see them traded on eBay or elsewhere. I have no idea of a value estimate. Maximum value would be had from someone who actually heard and appreciated the guitar's remarkable tone. I doubt it is a collector's item. Good luck. Let me know if you want to sell it!

: DOES ANYONE OUT KNOW THE VALUE OF A TAKAMINE F390S? I HAVE ONE OF THESE THAT I BOUGHT 20+ YEARS AGO, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S WORTH TODAY. THIS IS A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM. THE TAKAMINE WEB SIGHT JUST HAS THEM LISTED IN THEIR ARCHIVES. I BELIEVE THIS WAS A GUILD GUITAR COPY.

takamine 5390s

the guild it was modeled after was an "F50R" the r standing for rosewood. I used to have af50r . When it was stolen I replaced it with the takamine, which I found to be equally as good, and< if my memory serves me correctly, 1/3 the price($400v $1200). I still have my takamine and love it. Having a fret job done on it as we speak for $250. I still think it's worth it. rick

: : I bought an F390S in the late 1970s (I think) for about $350. My brother owns it now and refuses to sell it back to me. You are correct about it being a copy of a Guild jumbo acoustic guitar, but I don't know the model number. The Takamine has a beautiful, deep tone. The workmanship is beautiful as well. There were so few F390s's sold and I never see them traded on eBay or elsewhere. I have no idea of a value estimate. Maximum value would be had from someone who actually heard and appreciated the guitar's remarkable tone. I doubt it is a collector's item. Good luck. Let me know if you want to sell it!

: : DOES ANYONE OUT KNOW THE VALUE OF A TAKAMINE F390S? I HAVE ONE OF THESE THAT I BOUGHT 20+ YEARS AGO, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S WORTH TODAY. THIS IS A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM. THE TAKAMINE WEB SIGHT JUST HAS THEM LISTED IN THEIR ARCHIVES. I BELIEVE THIS WAS A GUILD GUITAR COPY.

I just bought an F390 on e-bay. I thought I stole it for $560. What an absolutely unbelievable sounding guitar for that price. I'd been looking for one for almost a year and this was only the 2nd one I found offered.

I bought an upgraded 1972 version of F-390S with the large mother of pearl inlays on the fingerboard and the gold tuning machine/pegs and extra ivory for $250. I bought it out of a collection of about 350 guitars that a friend had purchased to get to a couple of 1934 Gibson Accoustics. I had Ron Pace of Pace Guitar in Houston re-fret and straighten the neck and install a top of the line internal pick-up. In all I spent an extra $650 more on this guitar. I love it. I play it every day and the sound isn't just good; it is spectacular! I am also a pianist and violinist. I choose my instruments based on the sound and the playability. I have been offered over $2,500 for this guitar from a couple of pros but I won't sell it. The sound is so incredible and Ron Pace did such a good job for me that I will probably pass it to my kids someday when I'm gone instead of selling it. It isn't the dollars; it is the sound that counts. So, count yourself lucky if you have one. The sound is probably great now and it will only get better with age.

: : : I bought an F390S in the late 1970s (I think) for about $350. My brother owns it now and refuses to sell it back to me. You are correct about it being a copy of a Guild jumbo acoustic guitar, but I don't know the model number. The Takamine has a beautiful, deep tone. The workmanship is beautiful as well. There were so few F390s's sold and I never see them traded on eBay or elsewhere. I have no idea of a value estimate. Maximum value would be had from someone who actually heard and appreciated the guitar's remarkable tone. I doubt it is a collector's item. Good luck. Let me know if you want to sell it!

: : : DOES ANYONE OUT KNOW THE VALUE OF A TAKAMINE F390S? I HAVE ONE OF THESE THAT I BOUGHT 20+ YEARS AGO, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S WORTH TODAY. THIS IS A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM. THE TAKAMINE WEB SIGHT JUST HAS THEM LISTED IN THEIR ARCHIVES. I BELIEVE THIS WAS A GUILD GUITAR COPY.

: I just bought an F390 on e-bay. I thought I stole it for $560. What an absolutely unbelievable sounding guitar for that price. I'd been looking for one for almost a year and this was only the 2nd one I found offered.

TAKAMINE F390S

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: TAKAMINE F390S

TAKAMINE F390S

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: TAKAMINE F390S

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2015 , All Rights Reserved.