TAKAMINE F390S

Advertisement
Posted by RANDAL BROWN on Sun, 06/26/05 - 09:53:07.

DOES ANYONE OUT KNOW THE VALUE OF A TAKAMINE F390S? I HAVE ONE OF THESE THAT I BOUGHT 20+ YEARS AGO, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S WORTH TODAY. THIS IS A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM. THE TAKAMINE WEB SIGHT JUST HAS THEM LISTED IN THEIR ARCHIVES. I BELIEVE THIS WAS A GUILD GUITAR COPY.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Takamine F390S for sale

Hi, I've got an F390S that I want to sell to make room in my house for some other guitars. It's got a few scratches and dings as you'd expect on a 1970's guitar, but sounds and plays beautifully. If you're interested please send me a message. Thanks

F390s

Saw a reply you posted on guitarsite. I might be interested in your F390s, how much are you looking to get for it?

Takemine f390s

I have a 1971 f390s in perfect original condition with a gretsch hard case for sale. contact me for more info.

F390S

I might be interested in your F390s, how much are you looking to get for it?

Re: TAKAMINE F390S

: I bought an F390S in the late 1970s (I think) for about $350. My brother owns it now and refuses to sell it back to me. You are correct about it being a copy of a Guild jumbo acoustic guitar, but I don't know the model number. The Takamine has a beautiful, deep tone. The workmanship is beautiful as well. There were so few F390s's sold and I never see them traded on eBay or elsewhere. I have no idea of a value estimate. Maximum value would be had from someone who actually heard and appreciated the guitar's remarkable tone. I doubt it is a collector's item. Good luck. Let me know if you want to sell it!

: DOES ANYONE OUT KNOW THE VALUE OF A TAKAMINE F390S? I HAVE ONE OF THESE THAT I BOUGHT 20+ YEARS AGO, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S WORTH TODAY. THIS IS A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM. THE TAKAMINE WEB SIGHT JUST HAS THEM LISTED IN THEIR ARCHIVES. I BELIEVE THIS WAS A GUILD GUITAR COPY.

takamine 5390s

the guild it was modeled after was an "F50R" the r standing for rosewood. I used to have af50r . When it was stolen I replaced it with the takamine, which I found to be equally as good, and< if my memory serves me correctly, 1/3 the price($400v $1200). I still have my takamine and love it. Having a fret job done on it as we speak for $250. I still think it's worth it. rick

: : I bought an F390S in the late 1970s (I think) for about $350. My brother owns it now and refuses to sell it back to me. You are correct about it being a copy of a Guild jumbo acoustic guitar, but I don't know the model number. The Takamine has a beautiful, deep tone. The workmanship is beautiful as well. There were so few F390s's sold and I never see them traded on eBay or elsewhere. I have no idea of a value estimate. Maximum value would be had from someone who actually heard and appreciated the guitar's remarkable tone. I doubt it is a collector's item. Good luck. Let me know if you want to sell it!

: : DOES ANYONE OUT KNOW THE VALUE OF A TAKAMINE F390S? I HAVE ONE OF THESE THAT I BOUGHT 20+ YEARS AGO, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S WORTH TODAY. THIS IS A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM. THE TAKAMINE WEB SIGHT JUST HAS THEM LISTED IN THEIR ARCHIVES. I BELIEVE THIS WAS A GUILD GUITAR COPY.

I just bought an F390 on e-bay. I thought I stole it for $560. What an absolutely unbelievable sounding guitar for that price. I'd been looking for one for almost a year and this was only the 2nd one I found offered.

I bought an upgraded 1972 version of F-390S with the large mother of pearl inlays on the fingerboard and the gold tuning machine/pegs and extra ivory for $250. I bought it out of a collection of about 350 guitars that a friend had purchased to get to a couple of 1934 Gibson Accoustics. I had Ron Pace of Pace Guitar in Houston re-fret and straighten the neck and install a top of the line internal pick-up. In all I spent an extra $650 more on this guitar. I love it. I play it every day and the sound isn't just good; it is spectacular! I am also a pianist and violinist. I choose my instruments based on the sound and the playability. I have been offered over $2,500 for this guitar from a couple of pros but I won't sell it. The sound is so incredible and Ron Pace did such a good job for me that I will probably pass it to my kids someday when I'm gone instead of selling it. It isn't the dollars; it is the sound that counts. So, count yourself lucky if you have one. The sound is probably great now and it will only get better with age.

: : : I bought an F390S in the late 1970s (I think) for about $350. My brother owns it now and refuses to sell it back to me. You are correct about it being a copy of a Guild jumbo acoustic guitar, but I don't know the model number. The Takamine has a beautiful, deep tone. The workmanship is beautiful as well. There were so few F390s's sold and I never see them traded on eBay or elsewhere. I have no idea of a value estimate. Maximum value would be had from someone who actually heard and appreciated the guitar's remarkable tone. I doubt it is a collector's item. Good luck. Let me know if you want to sell it!

: : : DOES ANYONE OUT KNOW THE VALUE OF A TAKAMINE F390S? I HAVE ONE OF THESE THAT I BOUGHT 20+ YEARS AGO, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S WORTH TODAY. THIS IS A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM. THE TAKAMINE WEB SIGHT JUST HAS THEM LISTED IN THEIR ARCHIVES. I BELIEVE THIS WAS A GUILD GUITAR COPY.

: I just bought an F390 on e-bay. I thought I stole it for $560. What an absolutely unbelievable sounding guitar for that price. I'd been looking for one for almost a year and this was only the 2nd one I found offered.

TAKAMINE F390S

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: TAKAMINE F390S

TAKAMINE F390S

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: TAKAMINE F390S

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.