What is it? Grceo? Goya? 1970.

Posted by Darrell on Fri, 05/11/01 - 01:15:28.

My grandmother gave me an acoustic guitar in about 1970(ish). It is labelled a "Greco", "Model GR 122" which is "Designed, serviced and adjusted by Goya Guitars, Inc." Serial no. 14848, serviced by "H". The label (yellow) is placed on top of another (tan), which I cannot read. After 30 years, it plays and sounds great. Any info on the guitar? I have always told my grandmother that it sings where she left off. She just turned 90, and I would like to tell her more about the gift she gave me.

Darrell

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: What is it? Grceo? Goya? 1970.

trying to find out what this greco guitar I have is worth, model #gr122, serrial #41188

Re: What is it? Grceo? Goya? 1970.

:I have a greco given to me by a brother. On a paper label inside it says "geco model GR624;goya guitars, inc. Serial#20592: on the top brace on the neck side of the hole, are the numbers "45. 2. 18. could this be the date feb 18, 1945? It is very unusual. I guess it is Dreadnought? do you know what I have. Thanks, Lefty Correll at leftycor@clss.net May 26, 2003 My grandmother gave me an acoustic guitar in about 1970(ish). It is labelled a "Greco", "Model GR 122" which is "Designed, serviced and adjusted by Goya Guitars, Inc." Serial no. 14848, serviced by "H". The label (yellow) is placed on top of another (tan), which I cannot read. After 30 years, it plays and sounds great. Any info on the guitar? I have always told my grandmother that it sings where she left off. She just turned 90, and I would like to tell her more about the gift she gave me.

: Darrell

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.