Goya Les Paul Confusion

Posted by Travis on Wed, 04/21/04 - 00:26:25.

I own a goya les paul style guitar from the late 70's early 80's im not to sure, ive been looking everywhere to see one like it but i cant seem to find. It is a tobaccoish color in mint condition with a black pickboard and white accent everything is original. It is one piece construction and doesnt have the metal plate on the back of the neck. I have no clue where it was made what its worth or what model it is if anybody has any info please email me a.s.a.p

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Goya Les Paul! I know it's an old post but anyone out there?

I have a Les Paul Deluxe copy that I have narrowed down to be a Goya, based on the shape of the headstock. SN on the back is E486XX. The last two could be 37 or 32, not sure, the stamp was hit light on that side and didn't indent far enough. This is a dead ringer for a 72-74 Les Paul Deluxe with mini humbuckers and "goof rings". I found one similar online with a similar SN, seller said it was a Martin/Goya made at Matsumoku in the early 70s.

It has a tobacco sunburts finish. No name on the headstock because it was made so much like the real Les Paul that the weak spot cracked at the neck volute and had been repaired at some point. A book matched veneer replaced the original headstock top, which I guess had been damaged from the crack. Set neck, beautiful guitar. Just looking for more info out there from anyone who might own one similar or know more about them.

I've played real Les Pauls and believe it or not this thing plays a hell of a lot better.

Goya Les Paul deluxe

That's a fine Japanese copy dating from about circa 1977. They were excellent one piece copies that rival the best Gibson builds today. The factory is believed to have been Matsumoku. Martin distribution in the USA .Current value around $500-675

Re: Goya Les Paul Confusion

: I own a goya les paul style guitar from the late 70's early 80's im not to sure, ive been looking everywhere to see one like it but i cant seem to find. It is a tobaccoish color in mint condition with a black pickboard and white accent everything is original. It is one piece construction and doesnt have the metal plate on the back of the neck. I have no clue where it was made what its worth or what model it is if anybody has any info please email me a.s.a.p

Re: Goya Les Paul Confusion

I'd need to see a photograph, but does it have 'mini' humbuckers with a white ring around them?

Andrew

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.