Re: Goya 1958

Posted by Magnus H on Tue, 03/13/07 - 17:38:14.

John,

Goyas were, as You say, made by the Levin Guitar Company in Gothenburg Sweden. The first Goya catalog came in 1954 but You may be right about 1957 about the Goliath sized flattops, with adjustable trussrods.
Your guitar is most likely sold in US, which was the market for Goya, in other countries the guitars were sold under the Levin brand.
The S-18 was the 3rd model from the top in the late 50:s. The top of the line was M-50, followed by M-28, but the two top models were discontinued in early 60:s.

The S-18 was replaced in 1965 or 66 by the T-18. In 1969 the T-18 was replaced by model 174, which lived until 1973 when Martin Guitars bought the Levin company. In 1976 Martin started manufacturing of Goyas in far east of significantly lower quality.

My experience is that a Goya S-18 in good condition would sell for 600 - 900 $ on Ebay.

/Magnus

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1958 Goya G30

Can you tell me what my 1958 Goya G30 in very good condition is worth?

1958 Goya G-10 (Serial 376531)

Hi~
My father received this gift around 1960 from a fellow teacher who nominated my dad to work with the kids doing school theater productions. He did that for a few years and then moved on to school administration. After my brother and I were born, he'd get it out once in a while and play folk songs for us. Otherwise, the Goya has been packed away in it's case for all these years. I know he's always wondered what the old thing is worth, and I'd love to find out for him. It's in pretty darn good shape as it's been used so little. Any ideas?
Thanks much~
Jen

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.